The Paranormal

I caught some of this show called Ghost Asylum yesterday. It physically lowered my morale and have never felt less hope for humanity.

Not familiar with that show. But I havent really watched the shows in years. Every once in a blue moon I would catch Celebrity Ghost Stories, a few of those were kinda compelling.

• 1 month later...

Interesting hobby. I've known several people that have experienced some strange things. One had numerous stories about a house he lived in that he knows was haunted and related several incidents that would be hard to explain if it wasn't ghosts. I have no reason to absolutely think that ghosts do not exist. Proving that they do exist would be difficult.

Question for Redux since you seem to be trying to disprove ghosts. Have you ever encountered something that you couldn't explain? I don't mean something you picked up on your instruments but something you actually saw or heard?

My interest came not from something that happened to me personally, but because of all the experiences I would hear about from others. I wanted to validate those experiences for myself.

I have encountered many things I can't explain. Most recently on our trip to Louisville during setup a few of us noticed one of our team members walking down a dark hallway with their flashlight on. When nobody emerged we discovered everyone was accounted for in different areas. I saw it plain as day, but it wasn't any of us or anyone else.

On a case in Lincoln we had just done a tour of a home and were chatting with the owners. We all clearly heard someone walking down the stairs next to us. We all assumed it was their daughter but she never appeared. Upon looking she was still in her room where we left her.

I have had my hair played with, I have seen strange shadows that shouldn't be there, I have witnessed many phenomena on our equipment as it happened. Yet I have not had that one defining moment that validates it for me.

• 1 month later...

Interesting article that correlates scientific theorism and religious beliefs towards many afterlife ideals.

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/scientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death/

Our souls are in fact constructed from the very fabric of the universe – and may have existed since the beginning of time. Our brains are just receivers and amplifiers for the proto-consciousness that is intrinsic to the fabric of space-time.

^^ I can believe something like this might describe our souls. But this is something I find perplexing:

This account of quantum consciousness explains things like near-death experiences, astral projection, out of body experiences, and even reincarnation without needing to appeal to religious ideology.

Why is it that some writers and scientists seem to assume that God cannot exist, and can't be the explanation for things such as souls? ("without needing to appeal to religious ideology") I mean, aren't scientists supposed to be open minded about things? :shrug:

1. i saw a ghost once that was standing in an open linen closet... i would see him in the mirror reflected through the mirror i was looking at in the bathroom of the time.. the linen closet looked right into the linen closet.. I'm not going to say who or whatever but i recognized the person staring back at me...

2. once when i was very little i woke up to see (swear) some little blue people (looked like the smurfs) dancing on my furniture... i rubbed my eyes and was tripping out but i swear it was real

• Fire 1

Interesting article that correlates scientific theorism and religious beliefs towards many afterlife ideals.

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/scientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death/

Our souls are in fact constructed from the very fabric of the universe – and may have existed since the beginning of time. Our brains are just receivers and amplifiers for the proto-consciousness that is intrinsic to the fabric of space-time.

^^ I can believe something like this might describe our souls. But this is something I find perplexing:

This account of quantum consciousness explains things like near-death experiences, astral projection, out of body experiences, and even reincarnation without needing to appeal to religious ideology.

Why is it that some writers and scientists seem to assume that God cannot exist, and can't be the explanation for things such as souls? ("without needing to appeal to religious ideology") I mean, aren't scientists supposed to be open minded about things? :shrug:

For me I think the answers lie somewhere in the middle. Science can explain the religous viewpoint or vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...