SIGNED - WR Jaevon McQuitty

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From Husker Journal. Post is a couple weeks ago but worth the read.

MARCH 15 2016. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS
JAEVON MC QUITTY, WR, 6-2, 190, COLUMBIA (BATTLE), MISSOURI

“It was like family there,” said the Cornhusker commit. “Every place I go, the coaching staff, Keith (Coach Williams), everything. Coach Williams is a winner everything he does. Just how he can relate to the players.”

“He can talk like slang and know what he is talking about.” McQuitty explains his relationship with NU receivers coach Keith Williams. “Just the things he says. I feel like I’m being coached not nobody knows about, so I’m getting a unique coach. He always pushes me as a receiver. If I had a bad day they would help me shake it off, it’s not mean just me being a good player.”

Coach Williams likes his abilities on the field and the family likes Nebraska.

“I guess he likes the size factor and be able to catch the ball and run up field. He’s a funny guy, he thinks he’s tough and all of that, so I have to beat him up. Everybody loved him down there, my mom, and she liked Nebraska too.” McQuitty said

How it started.

“I was sitting down in the office and I said to Coach (Mike) Riley ‘Let’s get the job done.’ He was like he didn’t know what I meant. And then I said I wanted to commit. Then he stood up and gave me like this big long hug. He talked to my mom how I would be in good hands at Nebraska and won’t be in harm’s way stuff like that.”

Been to Nebraska in the past, enjoyed the BYU game and spring game.

“I went last year,” when asked if he’s been to Nebraska before. “I went to the BYU game. It was like super loud, you couldn’t hear yourself think. It was really, really loud. All the fans were always screaming.” McQuitty said

“My sophomore year I went to the spring game,” he said. “It was like sold out 90,000 people for a spring game. I’m not use going to a spring game with a sold out spring game like Nebraska. Nebraska showed me that the fans are loyal to their team. It was a great atmosphere.”

California friends.

“Me and them (Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and Darnay Holmes) are pretty good friends. I spent the whole day with them just chilling at the offices. I’m not sure if they will commit we don’t talk about football. We try to get away from that just talk about anything – just about life.” McQuitty said

cornhead.gif

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...