Fightin' Erstads vs. Northwestern

Erstad said. "I told them I'm extremely disappointed is with two strikes we are just flailing away. It looks like we're trying to hit home runs with two strikes. We have way too many strikeouts on pitches that should be put in play and that has to get better.

What's disappointing is the fact that we have been doing this all year!

Yep! I know that DE is a Husker Legend, but, his coaching/managing/recruiting might be less legendary and I think it also shows what a stud Van Horn really was.

Erstad said. "I told them I'm extremely disappointed is with two strikes we are just flailing away. It looks like we're trying to hit home runs with two strikes. We have way too many strikeouts on pitches that should be put in play and that has to get better.

Yep! I know that DE is a Husker Legend, but, his coaching/managing/recruiting might be less legendary and I think it also shows what a stud Van Horn really was.
I think he needs a hitting coach to help get everything together. As long as Silva doesn't leave.

Nebraska is 7-10 in the Big Ten, we are in 8th place. Minnesota in 9th is 7-11. Indiana is ahead of us at 8-10.

Indiana has a series at home against Ohio State left

Minnesota has a series at Iowa and home against Michigan State

Nebraska has a series against Purdue then at Illinois.

We may not make the Big Ten Tournament. That would be a HUGE disappointment.

I think he needs a hitting coach to help get everything together. As long as Silva doesn't leave.

I thought the same thing, until I looked our SR. stats. Far from impressive. Plus, Kirby was hired last year and I see a lot of promise in our underclassman. My big complaint is comments made by DE and the same players are still starting. If they do not listen, put them on the bench for a game or 2.