Randy Gregory is already embracing Dallas

I am thinking if Ameer Abdullah had gotten a tattoo of the Lions logo, everyone would be saying "that's really cool".

But he would never be so stupid as to do that, and that's why he will have a longer and more successful career than RG.

So if a guy is into tattoos and get's a tattoo for his new team, he's being stupid? I'm not a tattoo guy at all, but this criticism of RG is getting pretty crazy.

I think it's a bit shortsighted and presumptuous to go out and get a massive Cowboy tat on your arm the day after your're drafted, yeah. Why not prove yourself a bit, get accepted in the lockerroom, play a game or 2, you know, like that. Show a little class. Then, if you must, get the tat, but still, maybe something a bit more undertstated. Only in sports and pop/rock/gangsta culture can anybody get away with these ridiculous tats. What if he ever has to become part of the real world?

That line of thinking is wrong...

Oh, does the corporate world have a preference for tattoo embossed employees these days? I must have missed that memo.

I work in the "corporate world" and am fully sleeved with ink on my fingers as well, so I am inclined to believe that your line of thinking has surpassed its expiration date.

• Fire 7

I am thinking if Ameer Abdullah had gotten a tattoo of the Lions logo, everyone would be saying "that's really cool".

But he would never be so stupid as to do that, and that's why he will have a longer and more successful career than RG.

So if a guy is into tattoos and get's a tattoo for his new team, he's being stupid? I'm not a tattoo guy at all, but this criticism of RG is getting pretty crazy.

I think it's a bit shortsighted and presumptuous to go out and get a massive Cowboy tat on your arm the day after your're drafted, yeah. Why not prove yourself a bit, get accepted in the lockerroom, play a game or 2, you know, like that. Show a little class. Then, if you must, get the tat, but still, maybe something a bit more undertstated. Only in sports and pop/rock/gangsta culture can anybody get away with these ridiculous tats. What if he ever has to become part of the real world?

Oh, does the corporate world have a preference for tattoo embossed employees these days? I must have missed that memo.

Do you live in Mad Men times?

• Fire 2

The corporate world has a preference for people who know how to do their job. Hard to believe, I know...

The corporate world has a preference for people who know how to do their job. Hard to believe, I know...

Good luck applying for real jobs in the real world with a body covered in tats.

Define "the real world". I'm pretty sure the guy I referenced in my previous post is making 6 figures. I'd think that qualifies as a real job in the real world.

Define "the real world". I'm pretty sure the guy I referenced in my previous post is making 6 figures. I'd think that qualifies as a real job in the real world.

Maybe somebody else here can explain it to you...

It looks like we are getting to the old, white guy portion of our programming.

Hey now, I'm old; white; and I have a tattoo. If someone is into tat's, they should choose something that has special meaning to them. What if RG doesn't even make the team? How can the Cowboys be special to him when they've done nothing more than draft him? It just seems odd to me with the timing and all.

I work in the real world...what the hell is going on here :lol:

I have a guy on my "team" who played football at CU. He is in his mid-20s and has sleeves of tattoos on his arms. I work in a very "corporate" environment, and nobody says anything about his tattoos (he doesn't always cover them up). Good thing our boss is an open-minded person who looks at someone's qualifications rather than looks.

Yes, you have a point in that this person may not be able to work in investment banking or other very conservative work environments, but there are plenty of progressive companies who wouldn't care how many tattoos or piercings someone has. Tattoos and piercings are becoming more "normal" for people 20's and 30's, and they are making up a good percentage of the work-force in the "real world".

• Fire 2

I have a guy on my "team" who played football at CU. He is in his mid-20s and has sleeves of tattoos on his arms. I work in a very "corporate" environment, and nobody says anything about his tattoos (he doesn't always cover them up). Good thing our boss is an open-minded person who looks at someone's qualifications rather than looks.

Yes, you have a point in that this person may not be able to work in investment banking or other very conservative work environments, but there are plenty of progressive companies who wouldn't care how many tattoos or piercings someone has. Tattoos and piercings are becoming more "normal" for people 20's and 30's, and they are making up a good percentage of the work-force in the "real world".

I get your point but, I'm assuming there is a breaking point somewhere.

face-tattoos-piercings-16710588.jpg

I get your point but, I'm assuming there is a breaking point somewhere.

face-tattoos-piercings-16710588.jpg

Where did you get a picture of that guy on my team???

Nope, don't care for tats. Just don't understand the whole idea of them.

What is he going to do in three years if he gets traded? Cowboy tat on his forearm. Yep...that would look good wearing a Redskin's or Denver uniform.

The guy really has no brains.

am i missing something...obviously it's a star tattoo, but there is more going on there...once he quits playing for Dallas, it's no longer a "Dallas" tattoo...it can just be a tattoo of a star with a rosary and some other stuff? (can't make out the words exactly?)

• Fire 1