Randy Gregory is already embracing Dallas

I am thinking if Ameer Abdullah had gotten a tattoo of the Lions logo, everyone would be saying "that's really cool".

But he would never be so stupid as to do that, and that's why he will have a longer and more successful career than RG.

So if a guy is into tattoos and get's a tattoo for his new team, he's being stupid? I'm not a tattoo guy at all, but this criticism of RG is getting pretty crazy.

I think it's a bit shortsighted and presumptuous to go out and get a massive Cowboy tat on your arm the day after your're drafted, yeah. Why not prove yourself a bit, get accepted in the lockerroom, play a game or 2, you know, like that. Show a little class. Then, if you must, get the tat, but still, maybe something a bit more undertstated. Only in sports and pop/rock/gangsta culture can anybody get away with these ridiculous tats. What if he ever has to become part of the real world?

That line of thinking is wrong...

Oh, does the corporate world have a preference for tattoo embossed employees these days? I must have missed that memo.

The corporate world has a preference for people who know how to do their job. Hard to believe, I know...

Good luck applying for real jobs in the real world with a body covered in tats.

I have a guy on my "team" who played football at CU. He is in his mid-20s and has sleeves of tattoos on his arms. I work in a very "corporate" environment, and nobody says anything about his tattoos (he doesn't always cover them up). Good thing our boss is an open-minded person who looks at someone's qualifications rather than looks.

Yes, you have a point in that this person may not be able to work in investment banking or other very conservative work environments, but there are plenty of progressive companies who wouldn't care how many tattoos or piercings someone has. Tattoos and piercings are becoming more "normal" for people 20's and 30's, and they are making up a good percentage of the work-force in the "real world".

Well, maybe we can 'progress' to a president one day who looks like the 'Illustrated Man', can 'plug in' like Neo and Morpheus...and at that point I will have relinguished all hope.

illustrated-man-1.jpg

I am thinking if Ameer Abdullah had gotten a tattoo of the Lions logo, everyone would be saying "that's really cool".

But he would never be so stupid as to do that, and that's why he will have a longer and more successful career than RG.

So if a guy is into tattoos and get's a tattoo for his new team, he's being stupid? I'm not a tattoo guy at all, but this criticism of RG is getting pretty crazy.

I think it's a bit shortsighted and presumptuous to go out and get a massive Cowboy tat on your arm the day after your're drafted, yeah. Why not prove yourself a bit, get accepted in the lockerroom, play a game or 2, you know, like that. Show a little class. Then, if you must, get the tat, but still, maybe something a bit more undertstated. Only in sports and pop/rock/gangsta culture can anybody get away with these ridiculous tats. What if he ever has to become part of the real world?

That line of thinking is wrong...

Oh, does the corporate world have a preference for tattoo embossed employees these days? I must have missed that memo.

The corporate world has a preference for people who know how to do their job. Hard to believe, I know...

Good luck applying for real jobs in the real world with a body covered in tats.

I have a guy on my "team" who played football at CU. He is in his mid-20s and has sleeves of tattoos on his arms. I work in a very "corporate" environment, and nobody says anything about his tattoos (he doesn't always cover them up). Good thing our boss is an open-minded person who looks at someone's qualifications rather than looks.

Yes, you have a point in that this person may not be able to work in investment banking or other very conservative work environments, but there are plenty of progressive companies who wouldn't care how many tattoos or piercings someone has. Tattoos and piercings are becoming more "normal" for people 20's and 30's, and they are making up a good percentage of the work-force in the "real world".

I get your point but, I'm assuming there is a breaking point somewhere.

face-tattoos-piercings-16710588.jpg

Yeah, I think you're 'feelin' me' here. He's not going to replace Brian Williams, for e.g.

I don't see the big issue. That tattoo he has can be transformed into other things later on in life, especially if he turns his arm into a sleeve. People get their life events tattooed on them all the time. Dennis Rodman has 2 bulls on his chest, could be from his Chicago playing days or maybe he just likes bull tattoos.

Dennis Rodman also wore dresses and feather boas in his spare time, and was considered somewhat of a PR 'freak' in the not so distant past. But, I must concede here taht among those under 30 or wtever, times they have been changin' and not so much for the better in regards to 'body art'. I think tats are ugly, stupid, vain, narcissistic, and maybe not so good for one's skin health, etc, (except for those that used to serve a purpose like those of the marines and the like)--and will certainly look ridiculous and sad when one is in a nursing home, whilst listening to gangsta rap and heavy metal, I presume.

JMO.

• 1 year later...