Randy Gregory is already embracing Dallas

I am thinking if Ameer Abdullah had gotten a tattoo of the Lions logo, everyone would be saying "that's really cool".

But he would never be so stupid as to do that, and that's why he will have a longer and more successful career than RG.

So if a guy is into tattoos and get's a tattoo for his new team, he's being stupid? I'm not a tattoo guy at all, but this criticism of RG is getting pretty crazy.

I think it's a bit shortsighted and presumptuous to go out and get a massive Cowboy tat on your arm the day after your're drafted, yeah. Why not prove yourself a bit, get accepted in the lockerroom, play a game or 2, you know, like that. Show a little class. Then, if you must, get the tat, but still, maybe something a bit more undertstated. Only in sports and pop/rock/gangsta culture can anybody get away with these ridiculous tats. What if he ever has to become part of the real world?

That line of thinking is wrong...

Oh, does the corporate world have a preference for tattoo embossed employees these days? I must have missed that memo.

The corporate world has a preference for people who know how to do their job. Hard to believe, I know...

Good luck applying for real jobs in the real world with a body covered in tats.

I have a guy on my "team" who played football at CU. He is in his mid-20s and has sleeves of tattoos on his arms. I work in a very "corporate" environment, and nobody says anything about his tattoos (he doesn't always cover them up). Good thing our boss is an open-minded person who looks at someone's qualifications rather than looks.

Yes, you have a point in that this person may not be able to work in investment banking or other very conservative work environments, but there are plenty of progressive companies who wouldn't care how many tattoos or piercings someone has. Tattoos and piercings are becoming more "normal" for people 20's and 30's, and they are making up a good percentage of the work-force in the "real world".

First of all I have no problem with tattoos, plan on getting my first in the very near future. As someone who also works in a "corporate" environment, tattoos are still frowned upon. They are becoming increasingly less of an issue but I can guarantee you out of two equal prospects, the guy/girl who has visible tattoos is going get a second thought on whether or not he should be hired compared to the guy/girl that has none. A lot of it has to do with if you are in front of clients/customers. If you sit in an office by yourself all day, then it's a lot less of an issue.

Nope, don't care for tats. Just don't understand the whole idea of them.

What is he going to do in three years if he gets traded? Cowboy tat on his forearm. Yep...that would look good wearing a Redskin's or Denver uniform.

The guy really has no brains.

am i missing something...obviously it's a star tattoo, but there is more going on there...once he quits playing for Dallas, it's no longer a "Dallas" tattoo...it can just be a tattoo of a star with a rosary and some other stuff? (can't make out the words exactly?)

Or he uses the Dallas Cowboys tattoo as something that he will look back upon in 20 years and think "Man, those days in the draft were crazy, but it made me a better man."

I don't know the reasons people get tattoos, and I will never get one. But, for the most part I won't question the reasons or decisions of a complete stranger getting a tattoo.

I do have one exception, there is a mom of a girl in my daughter's dance class. The mom is all tatted up, and that's fine. But, she has a tattoo of a heart on her chest, and it goes into her cleavage. Inside the heart it says "Daddy's Little Girl". Now, that's just weird to me.

• Fire 1

What is he going to do in three years if he gets traded? Cowboy tat on his forearm. Yep...that would look good wearing a Redskin's or Denver uniform.

am i missing something...obviously it's a star tattoo, but there is more going on there...once he quits playing for Dallas, it's no longer a "Dallas" tattoo...it can just be a tattoo of a star with a rosary and some other stuff? (can't make out the words exactly?)

Or he uses the Dallas Cowboys tattoo as something that he will look back upon in 20 years and think "Man, those days in the draft were crazy, but it made me a better man."

I don't know the reasons people get tattoos, and I will never get one. But, for the most part I won't question the reasons or decisions of a complete stranger getting a tattoo.

I do have one exception, there is a mom of a girl in my daughter's dance class. The mom is all tatted up, and that's fine. But, she has a tattoo of a heart on her chest, and it goes into her cleavage. Inside the heart it says "Daddy's Little Girl". Now, that's just weird to me.

That is a little weird...Only thing I'm opposed to is significant others names inked on you. Children's, parents, etc...yeah, but never a bf/gf

This boils down to that it's just like everything. Things can be done tastefully or done absolutely horribly. Someone can where very appropriate clothes to work and someone can wear extremely distasteful clothes to work. That doesn't mean clothes shouldn't be allowed. Well.....that might be for another thread.

There are people in our company with tattoos or a nose piercing...etc. Who cares? I personally don't understand it but it's done in a way that isn't a distraction for their job and simply expresses their personality.

The picture I posted (to me) is simply an example of something done totally extremely distastefully and the person obviously doesn't give a flying rip if someone (potential boss) doesn't like it. Hey....if that's what you want to do go for it. But, understand there are going to be people turned off.

It could just be symbolic of them giving him a chance when nobody else would.

It's not like that can be undone.

• Fire 2

You totally failed at keeping eye contact....didn't you?

You totally failed at keeping eye contact....didn't you?

LOL, that's great. Look, if a woman is going to wear a low cut top, showing off her cleavage and tattoos, I am going to look. She's not even all that attractive, but it's like a train wreck where I can't look away.

Good luck applying for real jobs in the real world with a body covered in tats.

One of my best friends growing up is currently a very successful marketing employee at a major company in Omaha, and his body is covered in tattoos (except for places like the face, hands, neck, etc.) His tattoos are a talking point among colleagues and his bosses, even during some business meetings.

Tattoos tend to be viewed negatively but that does not mean they make it a challenge to get a job in the real world.

Getting back to the thoughts of the "Dallas Cowboys" tattoo. Do you guys really think that other teams will care if Gregory has a Cowboys tattoo? If he does change teams during his career, his teammates won't give one rip about it. If anything, they will use it as an opportunity to joke with him about it.

I just don't like the location, otherwise I don't care about it. If it were me, I would've gotten the tat in a place like the back, chest, stomach, or upper leg just because I wouldn't want to go to another team and have a big emblem from a previous team visible every time I'm on the field.

This conversation is ridiculous. Getting drafted is a life changing event. To commemorate that with a tattoo is a non event. I get tattoos aren't for everyone but to say the kid is manic or wont be an nfl success for getting a tattoo is absurd.

There are tons of people out there with tattoos. Some are successful some aren't. Let his play do the talking.

• Fire 5

These guys are old school too.

Those guys look like sailors.

Sailors used to get distinctive tattoos so in case their bodies washed up on shore, someone would be able to identify who they were and on what ship they served. Some also wore one gold earring that could be used to cover the expense of a decent Christian burial. So their tattoos served a purpose, other than defying their mothers who told them not to write on themselves.

Then again, maybe Gregory's tattoo will let whoever finds him in whatever mental state he is in know that he should be returned to the Cowboys. I won't touch the earring part...

This conversation is ridiculous. Getting drafted is a life changing event. To commemorate that with a tattoo is a non event. I get tattoos aren't for everyone but to say the kid is manic or wont be an nfl success for getting a tattoo is absurd.

There are tons of people out there with tattoos. Some are successful some aren't. Let his play do the talking.

Nailed it!!!!