Randy Gregory is already embracing Dallas

This discussion is about way more than someone just getting a tattoo.

No, that is all it's about, really.

Unless you want to go out of your way to make it about something else.

Which is kind of pointless and based entirely on speculation and/or old, crusty white guy ideals.

• Fire 4

Which is kind of pointless and based on speculation and/or old, crusty white guy ideals.

Back to the topic of tattoos, and in particular about black people getting tattoos, there's something I've been wondering about. Why don't black people get tattoos with more bright colors, like bright red, orange, blue and green? Like the colors below. It seems like they would show up a lot better than the standard blue ink. Especially on dark skinned blacks. Heck, I'm a white guy (some might say a crusty white guy) and I would definitely prefer bright colors if I was getting a tattoo.

Blue-Tattoos-105.jpg

Which is kind of pointless and based on speculation and/or old, crusty white guy ideals.

Back to the topic of tattoos, and in particular about black people getting tattoos, there's something I've been wondering about. Why don't black people get tattoos with more bright colors, like bright red, orange, blue and green? Like the colors below. It seems like they would show up a lot better than the standard blue ink. Especially on dark skinned blacks. Heck, I'm a white guy (some might say a crusty white guy) and I would definitely prefer bright colors if I was getting a tattoo.

Blue-Tattoos-105.jpg

Not being an ass or racist but take a piece of brown cray paper and color on it with red, blue or any color. It throws the color off and you can't really tell. I am guessing it might be the same on like colored skin.

• Fire 1

Not being an ass or racist but take a piece of brown cray paper and color on it with red, blue or any color. It throws the color off and you can't really tell. I am guessing it might be the same on like colored skin.

Yeah, maybe it's as simple as that. There's a tattoo place right down the street from my office. I guess I should ask them. :lol:

• Fire 1

Yeah, maybe it's as simple as that. There's a tattoo place right down the street from my office. I guess I should ask them. :lol:

That would be an awkward conversation. lol

Gregory had to be helped off the field today due to cramping and dehydration I guess.

All the wise guys on PFT thought it was funny to chalk it up to herbal complications. dedhoarse
Must be a lot of ganja smokers on their rookie roster then cause multiple players needed attention for the same reason lol.

Texas heat and humidity is unlike any other I've ever experienced. I have passed out only once from heat exhaustion. I've competed in sports in multiple states and though I've had heat exhaustion before I never fainted or passed out from an athletic competition. I went to the Dallas - Fort Worth area for two days with a couple friends to help them move some things out of storage. We got done loading the trailer, I climb in the truck, next thing you know I was out cold. That heat is different than anywhere else I've been.

Good luck applying for real jobs in the real world with a body covered in tats.

One of my best friends growing up is currently a very successful marketing employee at a major company in Omaha, and his body is covered in tattoos (except for places like the face, hands, neck, etc.) His tattoos are a talking point among colleagues and his bosses, even during some business meetings.

Tattoos tend to be viewed negatively but that does not mean they make it a challenge to get a job in the real world.

I would say he's the exception rather than the rule. Of course, if you are applying to the Hell's Angels Corp or Harley Davision, extensive 'body art' is probably a big plus.

I am thinking if Ameer Abdullah had gotten a tattoo of the Lions logo, everyone would be saying "that's really cool".

But he would never be so stupid as to do that, and that's why he will have a longer and more successful career than RG.

So if a guy is into tattoos and get's a tattoo for his new team, he's being stupid? I'm not a tattoo guy at all, but this criticism of RG is getting pretty crazy.

I think it's a bit shortsighted and presumptuous to go out and get a massive Cowboy tat on your arm the day after your're drafted, yeah. Why not prove yourself a bit, get accepted in the lockerroom, play a game or 2, you know, like that. Show a little class. Then, if you must, get the tat, but still, maybe something a bit more undertstated. Only in sports and pop/rock/gangsta culture can anybody get away with these ridiculous tats. What if he ever has to become part of the real world?

That line of thinking is wrong...

Oh, does the corporate world have a preference for tattoo embossed employees these days? I must have missed that memo.

Do you live in Mad Men times?

Not too far off, my parents were of 'Mad Men' ilk, that's when the American culture had some class, some real style.