Randy Gregory is already embracing Dallas

WOW, what a complete non-story and crusty old white guys blow it up..!! tattoos are a story for most.. the clue is in his text.. "THIS JOURNEY IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT" which may reference his football career or his understanding and healing of a "mental" issue..!! the star, rosary and the words "this journey" are obviously the start of a story. As for "corporate" America not excepting tattoos, what a bunk.. I have front line guys working for me that have complete sleeves, yes there is a line (ie. facial tats, racial or in poor taste) but most accept it as a norm, the fact that someone stated earlier that tattooed people cant get "real world" jobs is in my opinion completely misinformed and bias.

edited for punctuation...and probably still wrong :facepalm:

What do "white guys" have to do with this?

not just white guys, crusty old white guys... and what it has to do with it is that, that is who is making the fuss about it...here.... on this webpage... about this article..!!!

LOL...you're reading a message board where the membership is very heavy on white men and you all of s sudden think this is an age race and gender thing.

News flash. Not everything is about those things.

I work with a small company of about 85 people. No one in the main office has a tattoo. What disqualifies them I have no idea, but no tattoos are allowed anywhere a customer can see them. Installers are screened and if they have them they receive all long sleeved shirts.

I can guaran-damn-tee you that out of 85 people, at least 1 has a tattoo.

I work with a small company of about 85 people. No one in the main office has a tattoo. What disqualifies them I have no idea, but no tattoos are allowed anywhere a customer can see them. Installers are screened and if they have them they receive all long sleeved shirts.

I can guaran-damn-tee you that out of 85 people, at least 1 has a tattoo.

I would be shocked if not one of them had a tat...Heck there are 3-4 women that teach with me that have them. They have to have them covered.

WOW, what a complete non-story and crusty old white guys blow it up..!! tattoos are a story for most.. the clue is in his text.. "THIS JOURNEY IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT" which may reference his football career or his understanding and healing of a "mental" issue..!! the star, rosary and the words "this journey" are obviously the start of a story. As for "corporate" America not excepting tattoos, what a bunk.. I have front line guys working for me that have complete sleeves, yes there is a line (ie. facial tats, racial or in poor taste) but most accept it as a norm, the fact that someone stated earlier that tattooed people cant get "real world" jobs is in my opinion completely misinformed and bias.

not just white guys, crusty old white guys... and what it has to do with it is that, that is who is making the fuss about it...here.... on this webpage... about this article..!!!

LOL...you're reading a message board where the membership is very heavy on white men and you all of s sudden think this is an age race and gender thing.

who said anything about age, race or gender... I'm making a statement based on fact... are you?

who said anything about age, race or gender...

you did, twice actually.

who said anything about age, race or gender...

you did, twice actually.

well beings I was referencing fact it kind of makes it different.. if I'm explaining about a nice old lady down the street that plants flowers in early may, I'm not "making" it about age, race or gender...im being descriptive about the situation..

LOL...you're not really understanding much of the conversation are you?

No, I understand just fine...I'm not the one having a problem with a guy celebrating his draft into the NFL... I'm also not the one calling a kid getting a tattoo "stupid" or "manic"... I'm not the one obviously stuck in the 60's... your excuse??

No, I understand just fine...I'm not the one having a problem with a guy celebrating his draft into the NFL... I'm also not the one calling a kid getting a tattoo "stupid" or "manic"... I'm not the one obviously stuck in the 60's... your excuse??

Thanks for proving my point.

Thanks for proving my point.

pretty sure you never had one..!!

If you read on you would have seen I stated visible. Of the 85, 75 are in house office workers. I do not agree with the it, but it is something that is still a base line in major business.

No comment about the felons removing theirs. I met a convicted felon about 8 years ago. He and a doctor were working ways to remove them. A lot prior to parole hearings. Most that have a desire to get out, seem to want them off. Clean start I am sure.

Having a small tat on a covered body part I think is becoming closer to normal than not having them. But sleeves and full body tats, I just do not understand them. Some have stated they tell a story, but if your caught looking at them, normally they want to know what the F are you looking at. So telling a story seems a justification more than a reason.

I have good friends with them all over their bodies. Asking them why, normally, have no reason, or because everyone else was. Still think it is a dumb thing to do to your body, but if it floats your boat, have at it. No skin off my nose.

I think it has to do with the fact that old, crusty white guys have been making the rules and shaping the ideals of this country since its infancy.

Which isn't a necessary a bad thing, in and of itself. But some of those rules and ideals are arbitrary and nonsensical.

"Tattoos are bad, mkay" definitely falls under the arbitrary and nonsensical category, and is typically propagated by old, crusty white guys.

Not speaking for anyone else. Just my take.

• Fire 2

I think it has to do with the fact that old, crusty white guys have been making the rules and shaping the ideals of this country since its infancy.

Which isn't a necessary a bad thing, in and of itself. But some of those rules and ideals are arbitrary and nonsensical.

"Tattoos are bad, mkay" definitely falls under the arbitrary and nonsensical category, and is typically propagated by old, crusty white guys.

Not speaking for anyone else. Just my take.

If this were about simply getting a tattoo, you might have a point.

If it were a general attitude towards anyone getting a tattoo, you might have a point.

If it were anything about Gregory getting any generic tattoo he wants....you might have a point.

However, it's really none of those. This discussion is about way more than someone just getting a tattoo. If AA were to go get a tattoo of pretty much anything, nobody would hardly say anything. The fact is, Gregory has shown either the inability to make wise decisions when it affects his life or he has mental issues. That is what this discussion is about and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with "old crusty white guys".

That comment was simply a failed attempt to make this discussion into an age, gender and race issue (for which was first denied).

The fact is, tattoos were first popular with people who are now "old crusty white guys". Black people getting lots of tattoos is a rather new fad. This isn't an issue between white people vs. black people. Old people vs. young people or even men vs. women.