Rashon Burno hired as assistant coach

I would like to see the NCAA take a scholarship from a school who raids a coach from another school before his term is up and give it to the school that lost a coach. It would be payback for some of these small schools who give a young coach a chance only to see him take off at the first better offer. Say a coach had 3 years left on his contract but leaves Directional State to coach at Blue Blood U. For those 3 years BBU would have to give a schollie to DSU.

I would like to see the NCAA take a scholarship from a school who raids a coach from another school before his term is up and give it to the school that lost a coach. It would be payback for some of these small schools who give a young coach a chance only to see him take off at the first better offer. Say a coach had 3 years left on his contract but leaves Directional State to coach at Blue Blood U. For those 3 years BBU would have to give a schollie to DSU.

Unless it's the Huskers, of course. ;)

Unless it's the Huskers, of course. ;)

Of course not. :-) Lets apply the same rules to the coaches that the NCAA expects of the kids. Once a kid signs an LOI they pay a significant penalty in order to transfer. Coaches leave at the drop of a hat without consequence. If they want the freedom to leave then have all coaches including head coach sign a one year contract and let kids come and go as they please.

• Fire 1

Why?

Why should you punish someone from growing themselves or a school from going after a guy.

I get it is a bummer, but this is part of the game. Like it or not, we will probably try and do the same to someone. It is unprofessional for Burno to leave this fast, but that is on him.

Plus you might have a team who has 9 schollies compared to a team who has 16-- competitive unbalance.

Why?

Why should you punish someone from growing themselves or a school from going after a guy.

I get it is a bummer, but this is part of the game. Like it or not, we will probably try and do the same to someone. It is unprofessional for Burno to leave this fast, but that is on him.

Plus you might have a team who has 9 schollies compared to a team who has 16-- competitive unbalance.

I'm not saying a school or coach shouldn't want to grow themselves. I'm talking about coaches who make a committment, sign a contract then leave at the drop of a hat. I will backtrack on the loss of a schollie but I also think a coach should be required to finish at least a one year term. If the NCAA can require a penalty for an athlete for changing his mind after signing an LOI, lets hold coaches feet to the fire.

Why?

I'm not saying a school or coach shouldn't want to grow themselves. I'm talking about coaches who make a committment, sign a contract then leave at the drop of a hat. I will backtrack on the loss of a schollie but I also think a coach should be required to finish at least a one year term. If the NCAA can require a penalty for an athlete for changing his mind after signing an LOI, lets hold coaches feet to the fire.

Difference is a scholarship athlete isnt being hired as their job.

If i take a new job, i have every right to leave if another one comes back up.... but as someone who is in the staffing world, it is so highly unprofessional and unfair to a company to not give them chance.

I dont care what Rashon says, what he did was highly unprofessional. Karma will come back down on him but i still dont think that gives an employer the right to block him from going elsewhere.

It is bull crap what he did, but if a company can fire you after 2 months, you have the right to leave after 2 months.

Crappy situation and really has me question what is happening with this program.

Why?

Difference is a scholarship athlete isnt being hired as their job.

If i take a new job, i have every right to leave if another one comes back up.... but as someone who is in the staffing world, it is so highly unprofessional and unfair to a company to not give them chance.

I dont care what Rashon says, what he did was highly unprofessional. Karma will come back down on him but i still dont think that gives an employer the right to block him from going elsewhere.

It is bull crap what he did, but if a company can fire you after 2 months, you have the right to leave after 2 months.

Crappy situation and really has me question what is happening with this program.

This isn't a core program issue. Bruno left because he was practically raised by the Hurley's and saw Hurley senior as a father figure. So when Hurley Jr. asked, it was like a family member asking. I agree that the timing was very poor. I think the real issue would be with ASU/Hurley Jr. and why they waited until the end of June to extend the offer, when the position was open six weeks before that.