south Dakota going dry??

South Dakota does have a problem with drunk drivers. Seems to be worse than surrounding states. Although I've not looked at the stats.

Interestingly, alcohol consumption in SD went down a fraction or so at about the time Walksalone moved away. :dunno

• Fire 1

On one hand, I could see raising the point that the same people who'd fight tooth-and-nail to ensure that alcohol and tobacco possession aren't prohibited wouldn't fight to legalize marijuana, but actively trying to ban them, whether it's to make that point or just because you're upset that their medications of choice are legal and yours aren't, is the wrong way to go about it.

When I read the thread headline I thought we were talking about the drought :dunno . My Dad, who lives in SF, said my hometown of Parker was pretty dry.

But I guess we are talking about the other kind of dry :wasted

I don't think anything will come of this - too much money and too many dry throats are at stake. :koolaid2:

When I read the thread headline I thought we were talking about the drought :dunno . My Dad, who lives in SF, said my hometown of Parker was pretty dry.

But I guess we are talking about the other kind of dry :wasted

I don't think anything will come of this - too much money and too many dry throats are at stake. :koolaid2:

No way in hell it'll pass. I don't know if the people pushing the petition even think it has a realistic shot at passing, but that's where my question of whether or not they are doing this to make a political statement comes in.

South Dakota does have a problem with drunk drivers. Seems to be worse than surrounding states. Although I've not looked at the stats.

Interestingly, alcohol consumption in SD went down a fraction or so at about the time Walksalone moved away. :dunno

And they just increased the speed limit to 80, too

80 mph - that lowers the time to drive from SF to Rapid City considerably. I had to make that drive on the day they changed the speed limit from 75 to 55 back in 1974 due to the Arab Oil Embargo. Boy, it felt like eternity to drive that slow in wide open western SD.

80 mph - that lowers the time to drive from SF to Rapid City considerably. I had to make that drive on the day they changed the speed limit from 75 to 55 back in 1974 due to the Arab Oil Embargo. Boy, it felt like eternity to drive that slow in wide open western SD.

When I was a kid, it made the trip from Murdo to Rapid seem like forever..

And NUance, the alcohol consumption went up exponentially when I arrived in Germany...

• Fire 1

And NUance, the alcohol consumption went up exponentially when I arrived in Germany...

I'd rather hear about the fräuleins' skirts that went up.

:lol:

I'd rather hear about the fräuleins' skirts that went up.

:lol:

There might have been a few of those...