2015 Alternate Unis

It's possible, but extremely hard to pull off, and Adidas already has enough trouble pulling off simple concepts. Grey is also hard to well with red - it's much easier to accomplish with a bright orange/yellow/green, but red as a primary color doesn't work as well.

volalternatesgrey.jpgLouisville-1.pngtennessee-uniforms-adidas-nike.jpgark-12-grey-nelsonchenault-675x380.jpgtexas-tech-grey-football-uniforms-1.jpegUCLA-Steel-e1415200131885.jpgUSATSI_7572855-620x869.jpg10358927.jpeg

Some of these are okay, but I wouldn't consider any of them good/great; especially with the adidas tire treads.

Can we all agree that these alternate uniforms are going to be horrible?

Call me old-school, but can we all agree that we never should have opened Pandora's box on these alternate uniforms to begin with several years ago? The alternates they have used the past few seasons have been horrendous.

In my opinion these alternate uniforms are not necessary at a school like Nebraska. Other schools with less tradition...fine, but not Nebraska.

Throwbacks are a different category. I liked the 1962 throwbacks we did, and I like the idea of doing a 1970's throwback as well, but we should just plain stop with a new alternate year, after year, after year.

You are old school.

If you still can't see that kids care about this stuff, then you need to get real.

This stuff is about the athletes, not the fans. They may not be great, but kids get excited about this stuff. It's the way it is. I'm so tired of hearing Nebraska fan talk about uniforms and how they should never be altered.

Seriously, who cares? Is it gunna make you stop buying tickets, or watching them play the game? NO it freaking won't. So quit complaining. Good grief.

If you hate it that much, write a letter to the university. Even though it wouldn't matter anyway.

• Fire 1

Can we all agree that these alternate uniforms are going to be horrible?

Call me old-school, but can we all agree that we never should have opened Pandora's box on these alternate uniforms to begin with several years ago? The alternates they have used the past few seasons have been horrendous.

In my opinion these alternate uniforms are not necessary at a school like Nebraska. Other schools with less tradition...fine, but not Nebraska.

Throwbacks are a different category. I liked the 1962 throwbacks we did, and I like the idea of doing a 1970's throwback as well, but we should just plain stop with a new alternate year, after year, after year.

You are old school.

If you still can't see that kids care about this stuff, then you need to get real.

This stuff is about the athletes, not the fans. They may not be great, but kids get excited about this stuff. It's the way it is. I'm so tired of hearing Nebraska fan talk about uniforms and how they should never be altered.

Seriously, who cares? Is it gunna make you stop buying tickets, or watching them play the game? NO it freaking won't. So quit complaining. Good grief.

If you hate it that much, write a letter to the university. Even though it wouldn't matter anyway.

I see your point, along with others who like having the alternates. And I do get that the student athletes along with college student aged fans get excited over this stuff. Personally I feel like Nebraska fans or any fans for that matter can talk about keeping their uniforms the way they have been or they can propose changing them if that's how they feel.

Is it going to make me stop buying tickets, or watching them play the game? As a season ticket holder, no it won't.

I never said I hated them, and I wasn't really complaining, I was just stating my own opinion that I didn't feel Nebraska should ever go down this road to begin with. I do know there are other fans who feel the same way, but I also get that there are plenty of fans who think the alternates are fine.

So I really do get and understand your point. Personally I would rather be discussing X's & O's, but sometimes tradition does need to be discussed. Especially at a place like Nebraska.