2015 Alternate Unis

From former Cornhusker Adam Carriker via the Omaha World Herald: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/player-points-adam-carriker-s-key-takeaways-from-nebraska-northwestern/article_37124a84-7c0c-11e5-b7e8-03a4b19906fd.html

he's not a fan of the alternate uniforms. "We're not Oregon or Maryland. We don't need to change who we are to become somebody, we already are somebody."

I thought the idea of alternate uniforms would be fun. Even with the traditions of Nebraska. Only if Adidas could do it right. They haven't. So I am fine with not having them anymore.

Personally I hope this was the final year for the annual alternate uniforms. We don't need them. In my humble opinion, the whole thing of annual alternate uniforms is a total gimmick.

If you're telling me that you need alternate uniforms to help recruiting, than that says quite a lot about how far this program really has fallen.

Time to just put the crazy ideas away and go to a throwback once a year or nothing at all.

Yup.

I agree. At least the throwbacks are a part of the program's tradition which gives a subtle nod to our past.

These other alternates have been nothing more than a marketing gimmick, and it needs to stop.

Former Nebraska football player Adam Carriker on alternate uniforms:

"I feel stupid even addressing this, but I hate these fancy smancy uniforms we sometimes wear. We're not Oregon or Maryland. We don't need to change who we are to become somebody, we already are somebody. When you're an established and traditional program (like Alabama, USC & Nebraska) you don't have to try to fit in with the cool kids in school, we already are one of the cool kids in school! I say stick with tradition, that's more impressive than trying to make a fashion statement in pads."--Adam Carriker

Former Nebraska football player Adam Carriker on alternate uniforms:

"I feel stupid even addressing this, but I hate these fancy smancy uniforms we sometimes wear. We're not Oregon or Maryland. We don't need to change who we are to become somebody, we already are somebody. When you're an established and traditional program (like Alabama, USC & Nebraska) you don't have to try to fit in with the cool kids in school, we already are one of the cool kids in school! I say stick with tradition, that's more impressive than trying to make a fashion statement in pads."--Adam Carriker

Yep, that is the problem.

We haven't won a conference title in 15+ years because we wear a different jersey color one game a year. That's it.

Damn, that was easy to figure out. Look out College Football world, NU figured it out. WE ARE BACK.

Give me a break......

Yep, that is the problem.

We haven't won a conference title in 15+ years because we wear a different jersey color one game a year. That's it.

Damn, that was easy to figure out. Look out College Football world, NU figured it out. WE ARE BACK.

Give me a break......

Carriker believes Nebraska does better when it sticks to being Nebraska, you think otherwise. Different strokes for different folks.

Me? I hate any uniform on which the names and numbers are unreadable. Yeah, I also complain about all of the designer license plates, because the PURPOSE of both license plates and uniforms is to tell you something...that is paramount for me. If they don't do that, then they fail.

Some people put a premium on how things look, some focus on what things do (or in this case, hate what things don't do.) It's the class "form vs. function" or "style vs. substance" debate that goes on in a lot of places.

I think those alternate uniforms made our defense look slow, lethargic, hesitant, and uncoordinated when trying to stop the Northwestern's quarterback scrambles...

This is probably a rehash. I hate the alternative uniforms- no matter what year. I don't like Riley's choice to go with all white travel uniforms. Enough with the uniform crap. Go traditional- red jerseys with white pants for home and white jerseys and with red pants for away.

Coaches- leave it alone and stay with Traditions of Excellence. Don't mess with the uniforms. If Addidas comes knocking with promises of new alternatives- just tell them to put their alternative uniforms up theirs in full rectal defilade.

Riley- you have so many things to work on than to try changing uniforms that identified a class football program for decades.

• Fire 1

This is probably a rehash. I hate the alternative uniforms- no matter what year. I don't like Riley's choice to go with all white travel uniforms. Enough with the uniform crap. Go traditional- red jerseys with white pants for home and white jerseys and with red pants for away.

Coaches- leave it alone and stay with Traditions of Excellence. Don't mess with the uniforms. If Addidas comes knocking with promises of new alternatives- just tell them to put their alternative uniforms up theirs in full rectal defilade.

Riley- you have so many things to work on than to try changing uniforms that identified a class football program for decades.

I like the red pants.

I'm assuming here.

White pants were player's idea.

If so.

Let it be.

I like the red pants.

I'm assuming here.

White pants were player's idea.

If so.

Let it be.

Your haiku format is wrong.

Speaking of alternates we should wear these jersey's for a game. I like them a lot. Would prefer two stripes on the jerseys instead of three but I love the block N on the sides... reminds me of the 80's. Jersey seems like a crossover of the 70's and 80's jerseys. Anything that makes us look less like Wisconsin but without changing a lot :)

53e59b52239ac.image.jpg?resize=1024%2C68