2015 Alternate Unis

Liked the look but the numbers sucked again. Very hard to read. Don't know why we need the shiny on the numbers.

I was hopeful that it would be better during the day than it was at night (last year) but not so much.

Agree. I liked the look.

I think they would have looked much better as a night game. Colors of the numbers and names need to be rethought just because you could t read them.

EDIT - This picture is from Illinois game.

Does this mean we are wearing all white again this week? I'm so tired of the all white's. It just doesn't feel "Nebraska" without the red pants.

56117e3c4e8ea.image.jpg?resize=620%2C454

Picture from Monday's practice.

Need to get rid of the surrender whites on the road. Red pants are a Husker tradition for away games. Don't care who wants all white.....

• Fire 1

I bought one of the #15 jerseys from the Adidas website. I'm going to modify it by adding the Nebraska patch and letters in silver rather than red.

Still, my favorite piece of equipment we wore this season were the custom palm tree cleats we had for the Miami game.

We have allowed Adidas to design an alternate uniform every year since joining the Big Ten.

In my humble opinion, they have missed the mark on everyone they created. Sure there were some good things about each one, but none have been great.

Furthermore, I would say that based on out recruiting rankings, 1 alternate uniform per year does nothing to help us recruit better.

Time to just put the crazy ideas away and go to a throwback once a year or nothing at all. Adidas doesn't understand Nebraska well enough to handle the responsibility to create a complete uniform.

• Fire 1

I just don't understand that out of all the possible designs they can come with that these were the ones actually chosen as the best. It's almost as if Adidas just assigns the project to one employee each year and says, "Ok, you're responsible for designing the Nebraska alternate uni this year" and whatever that one guy creates is what we get.

From former Cornhusker Adam Carriker via the Omaha World Herald: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/player-points-adam-carriker-s-key-takeaways-from-nebraska-northwestern/article_37124a84-7c0c-11e5-b7e8-03a4b19906fd.html

he's not a fan of the alternate uniforms. "We're not Oregon or Maryland. We don't need to change who we are to become somebody, we already are somebody."

• Fire 1

From former Cornhusker Adam Carriker via the Omaha World Herald: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/player-points-adam-carriker-s-key-takeaways-from-nebraska-northwestern/article_37124a84-7c0c-11e5-b7e8-03a4b19906fd.html

he's not a fan of the alternate uniforms. "We're not Oregon or Maryland. We don't need to change who we are to become somebody, we already are somebody."

I thought the idea of alternate uniforms would be fun. Even with the traditions of Nebraska. Only if Adidas could do it right. They haven't. So I am fine with not having them anymore.