2015 Alternate Unis

What a lazy design.

"Let's just do last years but with the colors switched up! Oh wait, let's add slashes to the numbers and pants and nobody will notice we forgot to design a new uniform!"

What else do you want?
Uhh.. An actual new design? Kind of thought that was evident with my post...

Either go all out or don't do it. This tepid slight change-up stuff is boring.

OK...we normally have a red and white color scheme and a helmet that hasn't changed in decades.

The alternates are black with red numbers and a charcoal colored pattern on the jersey.

And, this isn't a "new design"? This was just a "slight change up"?

Exactly. He must want the entire color pallet introduced into the uniform. The helmet is complete different design from last years two tone helmet. The only thing I see similar is the N incorporated on the pants in the stripes.
Uhh, is everyone being intentionally dense? A slight change-up from last year's alternates, not our regular unis. They've swapped a couple colors and voila!

If you seriously can't see that it's last years unis with a fresh coat of paint, I don't know what to say, other than your powers of observation are seriously lacking.

No, I just don't care as much as you apparently.

It's a uniform.

Because I'm a prima donna Project Runway fashionista. That sound about right?

Look, I'm not even saying they look bad. They're actually my favorite of our true alternates. But they should have just got it right and used these last year. It's not like the different colors took them a year to come up with.

Having essentially the same thing is a bit underwhelming and takes minimal work to come up with.

If that's what you identify with, more power to you.

I just can't believe we are using phrases like "they should have gotten it right...."

....What? I think Adidas likes what they came up with and kids in the program have been tweeting good things about them. Also, It seems as if about 50-60 percent of fans are on board wtih it. I think they......."got it right"

What a lazy design.

"Let's just do last years but with the colors switched up! Oh wait, let's add slashes to the numbers and pants and nobody will notice we forgot to design a new uniform!"

What else do you want?
Uhh.. An actual new design? Kind of thought that was evident with my post...

Either go all out or don't do it. This tepid slight change-up stuff is boring.

OK...we normally have a red and white color scheme and a helmet that hasn't changed in decades.

The alternates are black with red numbers and a charcoal colored pattern on the jersey.

And, this isn't a "new design"? This was just a "slight change up"?

Exactly. He must want the entire color pallet introduced into the uniform. The helmet is complete different design from last years two tone helmet. The only thing I see similar is the N incorporated on the pants in the stripes.
Uhh, is everyone being intentionally dense? A slight change-up from last year's alternates, not our regular unis. They've swapped a couple colors and voila!

If you seriously can't see that it's last years unis with a fresh coat of paint, I don't know what to say, other than your powers of observation are seriously lacking.

No, I just don't care as much as you apparently.

It's a uniform.

Because I'm a prima donna Project Runway fashionista. That sound about right?

Look, I'm not even saying they look bad. They're actually my favorite of our true alternates. But they should have just got it right and used these last year. It's not like the different colors took them a year to come up with.

Having essentially the same thing is a bit underwhelming and takes minimal work to come up with.

What? Last year's was all rex with a duel color helmet and duct tape numbers.

This year is all black with a pattern on the jersey. The Henry has a stripe.

So....I guess changing everything is not changing much.

• Fire 2

It's really almost, but not quite, a reversal of last years' uniforms.

Last year was all red, with a pattern on the jersey. This year is all black, with a pattern on the jersey.

Last year was shiny metallic black numbers with a white outline. This year is shiny red metallic numbers with a white outline. Same number font as well.

Same stripes on shoulders and legs, but reversed. Same 'N' within the pant leg stripes.

Last year was a matte red helmet with a metallic black 'N' and facemask. This year's helmet is matte black with a metallic red 'N' and facemask. Last year's did have a black section on the bottom back, though.

Last year was all red, with a pattern on the jersey. This year is all black, with a pattern on the jersey.

Last year was shiny metallic black numbers with a white outline. This year is shiny red metallic numbers with a white outline. Same number font as well.

Same stripes on shoulders and legs, but reversed. Same 'N' within the pant leg stripes.

Last year was a matte red helmet with a metallic black 'N' and facemask. This year's helmet is matte black with a metallic red 'N' and facemask. Last year's did have a black section on the bottom back, though.

My God, I was beginning to think maybe I had been seeing the wrong pictures the way everyone else is denying that they're pretty much the same thing. Thank you!

I love the helmet. It's hard to tell by the pics, but I hope the stripe and 'N' are the same red chrome as the facemask.

I like the idea of a black jersey. I like having our alternates being black simply because our normal uniforms are either red or white. It just makes sense.

I wish Adidas hadn't incorporated the tread pattern. A simple black jersey with red numbers / stripes would look just fine. I wouldn't even care if they are shiny red, like the helmet.

The player name on the back is gray. That doesn't seem like it will be easy to read. I could be wrong, but I think it would be better if it were white. Maybe even the same red as the numbers.

I know I'm not alone in saying that the 'N' is a touch smaller than the stripes on the pants. I don't it, but I'd rather it just be stripes.

I would also rather have the pants be red instead of black.I just don't like the jersey being the same color as the pants. Some schools pull it off. IMO, we don't.

And, again, lose the tread pattern.

The cleats are whatever. As long as they aren't orange like last year, I don't really care. I guess if I had to choose, I'd prefer black cleats, but it's not a big deal either way.

My God, I was beginning to think maybe I had been seeing the wrong pictures the way everyone else is denying that they're pretty much the same thing. Thank you!

Pretty much the same thing except for a chrome face mask, gloss strips (last years were more of a satin), helmet decals that are looking more like the chrome in the day light, chrome shoes, and a different pattern on the jersey. So yeah, pretty much the same. Honestly people, there's not that much to work with when you want to keep the traditional N and stripe, and not get crazy with the jersy and pants.

Seriously, are we bitching about the font? Because I was just joking when I made that comment a couple days ago...

just nothing like this please...

mdflagunis3.png

I liked those. There's this circle where if you go crazy enough it comes back around to being good again.

Really?

Looks like somebody threw up a burnt hot dog with ketchup and mustard on that dudes uni...

Who doesn't like hot dogs?

Well, depending on the context, probably a large cross section of people...

Adidas should really try their hand at making our alternate for an away game next year. The last few have made us look far too similar to a Louisville or Rutgers with their absence of white.

Seeing an away uniform with white as the primary color might give them less room to mess it up so badly.

I love the idea of a snazzy new all-white.