2015 Alternate Unis

What a lazy design.

"Let's just do last years but with the colors switched up! Oh wait, let's add slashes to the numbers and pants and nobody will notice we forgot to design a new uniform!"

What else do you want?

Uhh.. An actual new design? Kind of thought that was evident with my post...

Either go all out or don't do it. This tepid slight change-up stuff is boring.

OK...we normally have a red and white color scheme and a helmet that hasn't changed in decades.

The alternates are black with red numbers and a charcoal colored pattern on the jersey.

And, this isn't a "new design"? This was just a "slight change up"?

• Fire 1

What a lazy design.

"Let's just do last years but with the colors switched up! Oh wait, let's add slashes to the numbers and pants and nobody will notice we forgot to design a new uniform!"

What else do you want?

OK...we normally have a red and white color scheme and a helmet that hasn't changed in decades.

The alternates are black with red numbers and a charcoal colored pattern on the jersey.

Got me. Nike and UA reuse designs too.

Glad they finally took my advice on the red chrome and balck hat. Too bad they didnt follow through with the chrome on the N and stripe decals. Woulda looked bitchin.

Jersey ain'ttoo bad. The pattern reminds me of plate mail armor. The shiny number sh#t needs to go.

Overall I like the new uniforms. Not a fan of the numbering style or white cleats.

IMO, they would have been outstanding if the numbers were solid (no duct tape outline or dividing of the numbers) and the cleats were red.

The cleats aren't white, they are chrome. It goes with the chrome mask and chrome numbering/lettering on the jerseys. I think the helmet and shoes will look sweet on the field, it's the numbers/names in the jerseys I think look a little bit cheap and tacky. Remember how hard it was to read last year? I realize having the black background gives it more contrast, but still a concern.

Adidas should really try their hand at making our alternate for an away game next year. The last few have made us look far too similar to a Louisville or Rutgers with their absence of white.

Seeing an away uniform with white as the primary color might give them less room to mess it up so badly.

Adidas should really try their hand at making our alternate for an away game next year. The last few have made us look far too similar to a Louisville or Rutgers with their absence of white.

Seeing an away uniform with white as the primary color might give them less room to mess it up so badly.

I think you may be drastically underestimating Adidas' ability to badly mess up any uniform design.

But yeah, I would like to see one for an away game with white being the dominant color.

• Fire 1

Adidas should really try their hand at making our alternate for an away game next year.

At first, I thought this was a great idea. After thinking about it a little more, I'm not so sure. I don't know what they could do with a primarily white design. I don't want them to mess with the basics of the helmet, mainly just the N. Other than than, I wonder what they would do. Maybe an all-white uniform with very little red outlining.

Some of only all-white Adidas I can think of off the top of my head:

349326.jpg

mississippi-state-bulldogs-snow-bowl-adi

• Fire 1

What a lazy design.

What else do you want?

Exactly. He must want the entire color pallet introduced into the uniform. The helmet is complete different design from last years two tone helmet. The only thing I see similar is the N incorporated on the pants in the stripes.

What a lazy design.

What else do you want?

Exactly. He must want the entire color pallet introduced into the uniform. The helmet is complete different design from last years two tone helmet. The only thing I see similar is the N incorporated on the pants in the stripes.
Uhh, is everyone being intentionally dense? A slight change-up from last year's alternates, not our regular unis. They've swapped a couple colors and voila!

If you seriously can't see that it's last years unis with a fresh coat of paint, I don't know what to say, other than your powers of observation are seriously lacking.

What a lazy design.

What else do you want?

Uhh, is everyone being intentionally dense? A slight change-up from last year's alternates, not our regular unis. They've swapped a couple colors and voila!

If you seriously can't see that it's last years unis with a fresh coat of paint, I don't know what to say, other than your powers of observation are seriously lacking.

No, I just don't care as much as you apparently.

It's a uniform.

What a lazy design.

What else do you want?

No, I just don't care as much as you apparently.

It's a uniform.

Because I'm a prima donna Project Runway fashionista. That sound about right?

Look, I'm not even saying they look bad. They're actually my favorite of our true alternates. But they should have just got it right and used these last year. It's not like the different colors took them a year to come up with.

Having essentially the same thing is a bit underwhelming and takes minimal work to come up with.