Randy tweeting with Alexander

The funniest/saddest quote I heard from someone close to the program was when a reporter asked a coach about playing nebraska. Maybe I was a sideline reporter, but either way, the opposing coach was asked if they'll make adjustments or how are they going to game plan against nebraska. The response was, "It's nebraska, they think they're smarter than everyone, we'll wait for them to outsmart themselves and implode."

There was also that link to the Jerry Kill Show, broadcast BEFORE the Nebraska game, in which Kill describes in simple detail how Minnesota was going to exploit the Nebraska defense. He did not appear worried that he was giving away his strategy in public, and he was correct that Nebraska made no adjustments to correct this glaring weakness before or during the game. Which Minnesota won.

All coaches are confident in the plan. Also, Minny was down 21-7 and also got a pretty lucky fumble at like the 1 to get them the win. So, let's not pretend like they had a plan that allowed them to win 42-0.

The funniest/saddest quote I heard from someone close to the program was when a reporter asked a coach about playing nebraska. Maybe I was a sideline reporter, but either way, the opposing coach was asked if they'll make adjustments or how are they going to game plan against nebraska. The response was, "It's nebraska, they think they're smarter than everyone, we'll wait for them to outsmart themselves and implode."

There was also that link to the Jerry Kill Show, broadcast BEFORE the Nebraska game, in which Kill describes in simple detail how Minnesota was going to exploit the Nebraska defense. He did not appear worried that he was giving away his strategy in public, and he was correct that Nebraska made no adjustments to correct this glaring weakness before or during the game. Which Minnesota won.

All coaches are confident in the plan. Also, Minny was down 21-7 and also got a pretty lucky fumble at like the 1 to get them the win. So, let's not pretend like they had a plan that allowed them to win 42-0.
Right, however, their point was nebraska is going to shoot themselves in the foot, like we did. We would've had to come back to win that game, from the one or not, nebraska out thought themselves and allowed a potential blow up to become a close game. Kinda like ucla, wisconsin, and other games we jumped out in front and lost control.

Right, however, their point was nebraska is going to shoot themselves in the foot, like we did. We would've had to come back to win that game, from the one or not, nebraska out thought themselves and allowed a potential blow up to become a close game. Kinda like ucla, wisconsin, and other games we jumped out in front and lost control.

Maybe, I guess I just don't think that every game is lost in that manner. I mean, when Auburn beat Bama on that stupid FG return was that "out coaching" I think when you are dealing with games that have "fluke" endings, it really coming down to luck. Hail Mary, fumble, pick, guy taking a knee instead of spiking (wisconsin vs ASU I think)

Maybe, I guess I just don't think that every game is lost in that manner. I mean, when Auburn beat Bama on that stupid FG return was that "out coaching" I think when you are dealing with games that have "fluke" endings, it really coming down to luck. Hail Mary, fumble, pick, guy taking a knee instead of spiking (wisconsin vs ASU I think)

Nobody said every game is lost that way. Two folks here shared some interesting and not surprising perspectives and plans from opposing coaches. That's the point.

Nobody said every game is lost that way. Two folks here shared some interesting and not surprising perspectives and plans from opposing coaches. That's the point.

I agree with that and I am telling you that coming from a guy that has been a horrible coach for 15 years, I have gone into every game with "all the answers" but it really doesnt work that way most of the time.

I agree with that and I am telling you that coming from a guy that has been a horrible coach for 15 years, I have gone into every game with "all the answers" but it really doesnt work that way most of the time.

Ok cool re the agreement part re the rest you just said, can't say I understand how you felt that was germane. I was talking about what 2 big dollar coaches said re Bo and staff. Nobody said those coaches believe they have all the answers for every (or any) game. I think you're trying to fool me with some psychic sophistication now by referring to yourself as a horrible coach and admitting your persistent overconfidence errors while trying to impart coaching wisdom about the folly of overconfidence. So far I am fooled cause I haven't been able to piece together the math on that.

Why does bo deserve any luck? Why would anyone think he somehow didn't get a fair shake while he was here or that karma owes him something? He was given more than enough chances. The guy is an a-hole making how many million to leave and he probably should have been fired a couple years ago. this is crazy

He doesn't. He's already up $20M or so in the luck game he definitely doesn't deserve any more.

Ok cool re the agreement part re the rest you just said, can't say I understand how you felt that was germane. I was talking about what 2 big dollar coaches said re Bo and staff. Nobody said those coaches believe they have all the answers for every (or any) game. I think you're trying to fool me with some psychic sophistication now by referring to yourself as a horrible coach and admitting your persistent overconfidence errors while trying to impart coaching wisdom about the folly of overconfidence. So far I am fooled cause I haven't been able to piece together the math on that.

Sorry I fooled you.

Well it was just one of the most glaring examples after other coaches, players, TV analysts and former Huskers began wondering in public why the Nebraska defense refused to make adjustments after they had become dangerously predictable. One quarterback said it was like playing a high school team. They couldn't believe how easy it was.

The closest I heard to an explanation is that Bo didn't trust his players to execute anything more sophisticated and/or the mere questioning of his strategy made him dig his heels in even more.