Could he beat Ronda Rousey?

• 1 month later...

Female MMA Fighter Puts Man Into Incredibly Painful Choke Hold After He Tries to Steal Her Cell Phone

By Chris Yuscavage 23 hours ago
Earlier this week, Brazilian fighter Monique Bastos was on her way to the gym to work out when two men approached her and stole her cell phone. One of the men took it and made off with it. But Bastos was able to catch the other man, knock him down, and put him into a "triangle choke," which basically involves wrapping your legs around a person's head and choking them out.
Yikes! But it sounds like the guy had it comin'. :lol:

Oh my God, this is hilarious. First people used to try to compare male MMA style fighters to the best boxers in the world and of course there is no comparison. You put a same weight class professional boxer in with an MMA type fighter and the boxer would clean his clock. MMA fighters are trained to grapple and wrestle and lock up with each other...the boxer would stick and move and beat down the MMA fighter. Anyone who is good enough to be a top ranked professional boxer is so much faster that the MMA fighter wouldn't stand a chance.

Now people bring up the insane notion that they think that a woman MMA fighter (I don't care if she's the best) would stand a chance against the best male boxer in the world at a similar weight? Are you kidding? He would destroy her. He would land 50 punches before she ever made contact, and all of her MMA, judo, grappling...whatever they call it, skills would never come into play. If he took it seriously at all it would be a short match.

I am not being sexist here, but take Serena Williams for example. She is a dominant female tennis player...does anyone here think she could get close to Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer? And that is the same sport. In this case we are talking about a woman from an inferior sport going up against the best male athlete from a superior sport. It would be over very quickly.

• Fire 3

Oh my God, this is hilarious. First people used to try to compare male MMA style fighters to the best boxers in the world and of course there is no comparison. You put a same weight class professional boxer in with an MMA type fighter and the boxer would clean his clock. MMA fighters are trained to grapple and wrestle and lock up with each other...the boxer would stick and move and beat down the MMA fighter. Anyone who is good enough to be a top ranked professional boxer is so much faster that the MMA fighter wouldn't stand a chance.

Now people bring up the insane notion that they think that a woman MMA fighter (I don't care if she's the best) would stand a chance against the best male boxer in the world at a similar weight? Are you kidding? He would destroy her. He would land 50 punches before she ever made contact, and all of her MMA, judo, grappling...whatever they call it, skills would never come into play. If he took it seriously at all it would be a short match.

I am not being sexist here, but take Serena Williams for example. She is a dominant female tennis player...does anyone here think she could get close to Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer? And that is the same sport. In this case we are talking about a woman from an inferior sport going up against the best male athlete from a superior sport. It would be over very quickly.

Randy Couture must not have gotten the memo...

Yeah...a boxer would get one punch to knock out the opponent before he is on the mat and trying to avoid a broken limb or being choked out. Boxers can be quick and avoid contact when there is no chance of another competitor just grabbing your waiste and driving you to the ground. Boxing is a glass case of fighting that shatters when put up against other fighting competitions.

I don't think one technique necessarily trumps another, but the talent pool is much better and deeper in the sport of boxing. A pro 'rassler isn't going to step into the boxing ring and become world heavyweight champion.

To think the top world class prizefighters couldn't hold their own in the octogon is kinda out there. There's just no good reason to take the pay cut.

If I were Rhonda, Mayweather is the only man I would ever fight. There's nothing to gain by beating some random dude, and everything to lose. But if she lost to Mayweather, she'd be just like lots of other great boxers who lost to him.

I don't like Mayweather at all but he would put that woman in a coma. Just sayin'. The sad part is it wouldn't be his first time beating on a woman.

Why, did this guy also beat down some old out of shape boxer who was trying to make a few bucks because his career was over? I realize that has happened a few times. That proves nothing.

If these MMA guys were real fighters, they would be boxing where they could make better money. The biggest money makers among them hasn't made as much in his career as much as Mayweather made in one round in his last fight. They fight MMA because it is street fighting and that is as far as their athletic ability allows them to go. MMA is to fighting as rap is to music. Yeah, it has its fans, but it's not real music, and MMA is not real fighting. And a top lever professional boxer in his prime, would defeat an MMA fighter because of his greater athletic ability.

Why, did this guy also beat down some old out of shape boxer who was trying to make a few bucks because his career was over? I realize that has happened a few times. That proves nothing.

If these MMA guys were real fighters, they would be boxing where they could make better money. The biggest money makers among them hasn't made as much in his career as much as Mayweather made in one round in his last fight. They fight MMA because it is street fighting and that is as far as their athletic ability allows them to go. MMA is to fighting as rap is to music. Yeah, it has its fans, but it's not real music, and MMA is not real fighting. And a top lever professional boxer in his prime, would defeat an MMA fighter because of his greater athletic ability.

That is one hell of a stupid statement. Have you ever watched two Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belts grapple with each other before? I would hardly call that street fighting. Its an art form to be able to do that type of stuff. But you already have you opinion, so Im not gonna waste my time trying to change it.

Man, that Anderson Silva. Just a street fighter. No athletic ability at all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is19pF2CF7s

• Fire 1

I don't think one technique necessarily trumps another, but the talent pool is much better and deeper in the sport of boxing. A pro 'rassler isn't going to step into the boxing ring and become world heavyweight champion.

To think the top world class prizefighters couldn't hold their own in the octogon is kinda out there. There's just no good reason to take the pay cut.

To be fair, Brock Lesnar is a national champion amateur wrestler and a huge m-fer that can pack some power behind his punches if he is able to take them down.

And like I said earlier in the thread, fighters with a background in wrestling do very well in MMA.