Scout.com/CFN Big Ten Preview & Picks

We are going to beat Wisconsin this year

I think they will end up beating NU, but I think NU beats Michigan State.

I also think NU gets beat by Miami, and that's it.

10-2

I really hope we don't lose to Miami. If the predictions hold, it would be our worse loss since ISU in 2009 or Texas in 2010.

I can't see us losing to Miami even if it is home game for them. Kaaya will be better, but they lost a lot of weapons including Dorsett, Duke Johnson, and Clive Walford. Golden is basically Bo Pelini but probably a little worse.

I can't see us losing to Miami even if it is home game for them. Kaaya will be better, but they lost a lot of weapons including Dorsett, Duke Johnson, and Clive Walford. Golden is basically Bo Pelini but probably a little worse.

What's worse is that he has the recruiting base where even Bo couldn't mess up.

10-2 would be a very good season. But as stated, we need a W over Wisconsin to get the West.

Also, no way Wisconsin goes 11-1, even with their putz schedule.

How is their schedule any different from NU's

BYU has a reconstructed QB, and 10 starters gone from last years brawl, Miami is no better than Maryland (at least not enough), and Bama is better than Michigan St.

I would say that if their schedule is considered "putz"...so is Nebraska's.

Hmm. I couldn't stand losing to Wisconsin and Michigan State especially at home. We need to be riled up for those games. Make it difficult and yell your butt off even more than usual.

If they were our only two losses, and we were competitive in both games, I'd be just fine with that.

Agreed.

If Mike Riley leads this team to a 10-2 record in the regular season, and wins a bowl game for an 11th win, I would be ecstatic.

I understand that Whiskey has really had our number lately, but don't get all the love and thought that it is a slam dunk that NU loses to them this year. Christ is new at Wisconsin just as MR is at NU. He may be Barry's clone, but I don't think so. He did nothing at Pitt to speak of.

Don't get me wrong, They will be good, but I think we can play with them at home. Now MSU is a different story. They will be a tough nut to crack. I think they look real good for the upcoming season. MSU/OSU should be a dog fight this year. I would not be surprised if they come out on top.

Don't forget about MSU losing Narduzzi. The attitude he brought to that program was a major part in the attitude MSU put on the field.

I don't think NU will win both games but I think they will take one, and lose another on the road somewhere. Not necessarily in conference.

Narduzzi gets the credit for the defenses at MSU but Dantonio is the actual mastermind behind it. I really don't see them dropping off much as far as the defense goes.

I agree that we will win one of the 2 games.

Hmm. I couldn't stand losing to Wisconsin and Michigan State especially at home. We need to be riled up for those games. Make it difficult and yell your butt off even more than usual.

If they were our only two losses, and we were competitive in both games, I'd be just fine with that.

Agreed.

If Mike Riley leads this team to a 10-2 record in the regular season, and wins a bowl game for an 11th win, I would be ecstatic.

I understand that Whiskey has really had our number lately, but don't get all the love and thought that it is a slam dunk that NU loses to them this year. Christ is new at Wisconsin just as MR is at NU. He may be Barry's clone, but I don't think so. He did nothing at Pitt to speak of.

Don't get me wrong, They will be good, but I think we can play with them at home. Now MSU is a different story. They will be a tough nut to crack. I think they look real good for the upcoming season. MSU/OSU should be a dog fight this year. I would not be surprised if they come out on top.

Don't forget about MSU losing Narduzzi. The attitude he brought to that program was a major part in the attitude MSU put on the field.

I don't think NU will win both games but I think they will take one, and lose another on the road somewhere. Not necessarily in conference.

Narduzzi's absence will be felt, but not as much this year as in the coming years. The attitude and style of play is ingrained it the players right now. They should be OK this year. Get 2-3 years away from his influence and you will most likely see a change in play.

• Fire 1

10-2 would be a very good season. But as stated, we need a W over Wisconsin to get the West.

Also, no way Wisconsin goes 11-1, even with their putz schedule.

How is their schedule any different from NU's

BYU has a reconstructed QB, and 10 starters gone from last years brawl, Miami is no better than Maryland (at least not enough), and Bama is better than Michigan St.

I would say that if their schedule is considered "putz"...so is Nebraska's.

I think most observers would say we have a tougher schedule than Wisconsin. Is ours overly difficult? Not at all. But IMO they have a easier schedule.

Their OOC is Alabama, Miami (Oh), Troy, Hawaii. Our OOC is BYU, So Alabama, Miami, Southern Miss. I think most would say we have a tougher OOC schedule. Yes, Alabama is better than BYU or Miami, but BYU and Miami are tougher than Miami (OH), Troy, or Hawaii.

In conference, our crossovers are Mich St and Rutgers. Theirs are Rutgers and Maryland. Michigan St >>>> Maryland.

Yeah I also think Wiscy drops 2 or 3 games. Obviously the Bama game. Maybe to us if we show up to play. And then one head scratcher from fatigue or coachin change confusion.

But man, if they win that Bama game and we manage to beat both BYU and Miami, the hype for that game would be off the charts.