OWH Barfknecht: During realignment, four others from Big 12 took a look at Big Ten switch

A&M had the choice to pair up with the Texas schools but saw they would be WAY better off on their own.

KSU thinks it is tied to KU, but if a big league called for only one the purples woulf be left out in the cold.

Okie State provides an issue, if they were OU's baggage and no way out of it then I would assume they would invite them too. But if the Big Ten could somehow rangle up a North Carolina or VaTech, things would really get interesting.

I honestly can't stand the thought of adding more than 2 more. I mean clearly every Husker fan wants Oklahoma. However, I have the oddest feeling that the Big 10 will end up with Kansas, and another East school.

If Oklahoma State is tied to Oklahoma so tight then I don't see the Sooners ever being in the Big 10, and they will probably get eaten up by the SEC.

I really don't mind the addition of Maryland. However I will never like the addition of Rutgers. I think it's a huge miss. I know this crap is about money and tv markets and all that, but it just really bothers me because of competitiveness. Rutgers just doesn't seem right to me.

I honestly can't stand the thought of adding more than 2 more. I mean clearly every Husker fan wants Oklahoma. However, I have the oddest feeling that the Big 10 will end up with Kansas, and another East school.

If Oklahoma State is tied to Oklahoma so tight then I don't see the Sooners ever being in the Big 10, and they will probably get eaten up by the SEC.

I really don't mind the addition of Maryland. However I will never like the addition of Rutgers. I think it's a huge miss. I know this crap is about money and tv markets and all that, but it just really bothers me because of competitiveness. Rutgers just doesn't seem right to me.

Maryland could end up having a great sports program with all that Under Armor cash. Oregon wasn't all that great 15-20 years ago, and now look at it.

I don't get Rutgers either. It is a college that not many people in the NY/NJ area even consider going to. Most people in that area go to Penn State or further down the coast at southern school.

Personally, I think the league is too big already. If we add more, there will be even less continuity and more time between playing the headliners of this league.

Less is more IMO. That's how traditions and rivalries are built. How do you establish a rivalry, or anything resembling one, when you only see a team every 4-6 years? By the time you play them again, you're checking Google to see what the score of the last game was.

I also think its weird when I see people who loved the Big 8 days then go on to talk about 16-20 team leagues?

• Fire 1

Personally, I think the league is too big already. If we add more, there will be even less continuity and more time between playing the headliners of this league.

Less is more IMO. That's how traditions and rivalries are built. How do you establish a rivalry, or anything resembling one, when you only see a team every 4-6 years? By the time you play them again, you're checking Google to see what the score of the last game was.

I also think its weird when I see people who loved the Big 8 days then go on to talk about 16-20 team leagues?

I agree, but with bigger conferences the true rivalries do develop its just not in a cross division fashion.

I don't like the huge conferences but, I'm up for anything that gets and NU / Oklahoma matchup every year. No other rivalry really matters after that, when it comes to NU fans.

Personally, I love the move to the B1G and would never want to go back to the Big 12. Even though I like where we are at, i do feel we are kind of in a transition period in the conference. We are too big to play everyone in reasonable number of years. But, we aren't really big enough to have two clear cut divisions that play in a championship without the possibility of a rematch.

Therefore, i could see a scenario with 20 teams that I would like. I could see the pod system as mentioned above. That gives us even more variety in games played than we have now. Potentially, we would have 8-9 teams that are different from the previous year. I would like that.

I could also just see two 10 team divisions with 9 conference games and the only cross division game would be the CCG. This would have the feel of the old Big 8 but the benefits of a larger conference with TV deals and a CCG.

Then, if more conferences go to the 20 teams, we sort of automatically have added a good scenario for the first round of the playoffs. The CCG.

• Fire 2

I liked how our situation in the Big 12 was setup. We played every team in the span of 3 years no matter what.

Problem was we didn't get the permanent crossover game with OU. So even with 12 teams and a fixed cross division matchup, you end up bot playing certain teams very often ie. Indiana.

If we get to the point of 18 teams we will be playing 8 division foes and maybe one fixed cross division opponent, maybe rotating. I was never a fan of this model, but it seems to be the way we are moving towards so as long as our division gets a good boost by that time, we will learn to like it.

No chance for KSU, ISU. Zero. Nada.

OkSt is also probably no chance but if they came with both OU AND UT, then it might fly. UT would probably insist on TTech as the unwanted tag along however. Maybe Boone would donate 100M to the CIC. UT seems to place BIG entry very low, only perhaps below the SEC.

OU and OSU are tied together no matter what, but I don't think the same is true of KU and KSU. Could be wrong though.

KU wants nothing to do with any of the other schools in kansas. except for the lower division ones. need someone to pad their basketball record with, and they get to say they are "helping" out the smaller schools to boot.

Personally, I love the move to the B1G and would never want to go back to the Big 12. Even though I like where we are at, i do feel we are kind of in a transition period in the conference. We are too big to play everyone in reasonable number of years. But, we aren't really big enough to have two clear cut divisions that play in a championship without the possibility of a rematch.

Therefore, i could see a scenario with 20 teams that I would like. I could see the pod system as mentioned above. That gives us even more variety in games played than we have now. Potentially, we would have 8-9 teams that are different from the previous year. I would like that.

I could also just see two 10 team divisions with 9 conference games and the only cross division game would be the CCG. This would have the feel of the old Big 8 but the benefits of a larger conference with TV deals and a CCG.

Then, if more conferences go to the 20 teams, we sort of automatically have added a good scenario for the first round of the playoffs. The CCG.

Boom. Roasted. I like where your mind is at.

East: Ohio St, MSU, Michigan, Penn St, Purdue, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers

West: Nebraska, OU, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Northwestern, Illinois

Please make this happen Jim Delaney. I say the Pac12 can have the disease known as Texas.

I was on the Ducks board yesterday asking about the foxsports article and what they've heard and/or are hearing.

They were under the impression that OU has looked at the Pac12, but Utah and CU voted it down. :dunno

-dons tin foil hat-

What if Jim Delaney's plan is to snatch up 10 more teams, all from the Big 12, to have a 24 team super conference.

Then he splits it into 2 sub conferences.

Each sub conference has a title game.

Each sub conference champion gets a shot at the CFP

B1G guarantees 2 teams in CFP

Boom! Suck it SEC!

-removes tin foil hat-

• Fire 1