Lincoln to get another interesting interchange

I hope anyone from out of town that passes through these studies up in advance eyeswear2allthatsholy

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/mayor-picks-elevated-roundabout-for-warlick-intersection/article_064e9de0-f6b5-5bd0-9c6d-8eba655c3c4f.html

In addition to the Superior roundabout that's still terrifying when a driver with no clue passes through, and the NW 48th diverging diamond that's under construction.

• Fire 1

That's kind of a cool idea, I guess when everything is an elevated plan that would be cheaper. I don't see how you could make an improvement with out elevating at least one roadway. It's already a pretty crazy interchange, can't imagine what it would be like at rush hour in 10 years time. At least they're being proactive.

Why does Lincoln have a fascination with interchanges that require a guidebook before use?

Would you rather have Michigan lefts everywhere? This shouldn't be difficult, it's just like an interstate exit/on ramp. You wanna get off, merge right and use the round about. Continue on? Stay in the left lanes. Just read a sign... but the country bumpkins I know...

Why does Lincoln have a fascination with interchanges that require a guidebook before use?

Would you rather have Michigan lefts every where?

what the hell are Michigan lefts?
Look it up. It means no left turns at intersections, only right turns. To turn left you continue through the intersection making a U-turn at a designated area ahead. Actually works pretty well.

Would you rather have Michigan lefts everywhere? This shouldn't be difficult, it's just like an interstate exit/on ramp. You wanna get off, merge right and use the round about. Continue on? Stay in the left lanes. Just read a sign... but the country bumpkins I know...

It shouldn't be difficult... that doesn't stop it from being difficult.

Most drivers are confused by a four-way stop. Anything more complicated than that sends them into a mental tailspin. A three-lane roundabout isn't all that challenging, but when they put one in at 14th & Superior it was a disaster. The Country Bumpkins, as you say, but Lincoln drivers are pretty thick between the ears, too.

ZRod explaiend it, but they're just a weird thing where any roads with medians have designated 'turn-around' spots and you're not allowed to turn left through intersections.

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/michigan/files/styles/medium/public/201409/michigan_left_demo.jpgmichigan_left_demo.jpg

• Fire 2

It shouldn't be difficult... that doesn't stop it from being difficult.

Most drivers are confused by a four-way stop. Anything more complicated than that sends them into a mental tailspin. A three-lane roundabout isn't all that challenging, but when they put one in at 14th & Superior it was a disaster. The Country Bumpkins, as you say, but Lincoln drivers are pretty thick between the ears, too.

Hey those covered wagons are hard to navigate through them circles! But really, they go over this in drivers ed. It just baffles me how dumb people are behind the wheel sometime. I know we've been over this a hundred times... it just still amazes me.

ZRod explaiend it, but they're just a weird thing where any roads with medians have designated 'turn-around' spots and you're not allowed to turn left through intersections.

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/michigan/files/styles/medium/public/201409/michigan_left_demo.jpgmichigan_left_demo.jpg

Thanks! I'm on my phone and it's a hassle to link stuff.

The only real draw back is that sometimes it becomes a free for all when people start making inner and outter U turn lanes on a one lane turn.

Sorry, intersections do not have to be that complicated. Sure you can get used to it.....eventually and call everyone else an idiot or a bumpkin but I've driven around and through a lot bigger cities than Lincoln and I've never seen two clusterf#cked intersections like those 2 links. WTH?