Camping Out: Quarterbacks

Why do I get the feeling that by the time the season comes the RBs are going to be the leading receivers because TA is going to be scared to throw to anyone without checking down to the RB?

He would have to get it to the RB for a completion first.

I jest, but seriously why is this still a problem with him? Hope before kickoff he is finding the open guy more than he stays determined to hit the guy he wanted pre snap.

Why do I get the feeling that by the time the season comes the RBs are going to be the leading receivers because TA is going to be scared to throw to anyone without checking down to the RB?

I jest, but seriously why is this still a problem with him? Hope before kickoff he is finding the open guy more than he stays determined to hit the guy he wanted pre snap.

Stuff like this:

E5kyBm.gif

This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off, and I'm a huge fan of Tommy. But I like Tommy because he seems like a guy that can do it all. So it's hard to blame the offensive line or anybody else on a play like this when Tommy has time, he has a few other options, he could extend the play a bit with his feet if he wanted, but instead he just slings one directly to a well covered guy for no reason what so ever.

I get irate a bit about stuff like this because this is back yard football kind of stuff. There's just no reason for these kinds of things. I get this is the spring game, but we've seen it before in games plenty. As much as I like Tommy, if he doesn't begin to become that guy that is loose out there and uses his ability to make plays, then even I don't see a reason for him to be out there.

Decision making is priority number 1. I think the offensive line will improve, the coaching is improved in my opinion, and I think this offense will be a better situation for Tommy to be successful, but I don't want to watch any more of this crap. Point blank, end of story.

• Fire 1

Stuff like this:

E5kyBm.gif

This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off, and I'm a huge fan of Tommy. But I like Tommy because he seems like a guy that can do it all. So it's hard to blame the offensive line or anybody else on a play like this when Tommy has time, he has a few other options, he could extend the play a bit with his feet if he wanted, but instead he just slings one directly to a well covered guy for no reason what so ever.

I get irate a bit about stuff like this because this is back yard football kind of stuff. There's just no reason for these kinds of things. I get this is the spring game, but we've seen it before in games plenty. As much as I like Tommy, if he doesn't begin to become that guy that is loose out there and uses his ability to make plays, then even I don't see a reason for him to be out there.

Decision making is priority number 1. I think the offensive line will improve, the coaching is improved in my opinion, and I think this offense will be a better situation for Tommy to be successful, but I don't want to watch any more of this crap. Point blank, end of story.

That play looks about exactly like Tom Brady's first pass this preseason. Working a 1 on 1 to a covered WR and overthrows it out of bounds. Cant watch one play and say this is why a kid can't get it done. Especially when a player and WR have spent 14 practices installing and learning a brand new playbook. Is Armstrong ever going to be an efficient pro caliber QB, No, but he can work and become a solid throwing college QB who can run a little bit.

Stuff like this:

E5kyBm.gif

That play looks about exactly like Tom Brady's first pass this preseason. Working a 1 on 1 to a covered WR and overthrows it out of bounds. Cant watch one play and say this is why a kid can't get it done. Especially when a player and WR have spent 14 practices installing and learning a brand new playbook. Is Armstrong ever going to be an efficient pro caliber QB, No, but he can work and become a solid throwing college QB who can run a little bit.

2102800-triplefacepalm.jpg

• Fire 1

Stuff like this:

E5kyBm.gif

Wow. 2 full years of possibly being Tommy's biggest defender on this board, undone by one guys take that I've judged Tommy's abilities all on one play. Unbelievable. Especially when you consider that I even said in my post that this wasn't the "one play" I was basing this off of, it was just an easy example.

Tommy can do it all, and I probably have a higher opinion of what I think he's capable of than you have swmohusker. That play is just an example of the type of brain farts Tommy has too often that if he makes a bit better decisions on, his completion percentage that everyone is infatuated with, goes up significantly and the turnovers probably decrease.

Stuff like this:

E5kyBm.gif

True has literally been Tommy's biggest fan on the board this offseason. So for him to say "yeah this area is a problem" I would listen.

Edit: True beat me to it lol

• Fire 1

Tommy Armstrong had two of his better practices on Thursday and Saturday. He threw the deep ball better; that is, he didn't overthrow every one of them. He had better timing on a few intermediate routes that Nebraska will use against zone pass defenses. His ballhandling and craft on playaction fakes could stand to be a little better, and they'll improve with time. Armstrong has to keep progressing when it comes to throwing to the open wideout. The backup is either Ryker Fyfe or A.J. Bush. Fyfe appears to be the more likely choice to start the season; he lacks Armstrong's...arm strength...and running ability, but he's craftier making some tough throws. Bush remains a project - but an intriguing one. If he can shorten up his throwing motion and read defenses better, he'll push for the starting job next season. Zack Darlington is the No. 4 quarterback, it appears. He lacks arm strength - by a considerable margin - but reads defenses well.

OWH