No more Husker players' numbers on fan jerseys

I never have figured out why men have such an issue with what someone else wears to show support for their team. Heck, wear whatever you want. Just be there, be red and be loud.

Personally I don't care what anyone wears, but I do evaluate what I personally thinks looks good or not.

I don't see any reason TO wear a jersey, really, so I think it's kind of goofy when grown men do, but again, I don't care that they're wearing it. I would never wear one for a few reasons, mostly because the way fan jerseys are made makes any guy wearing one look like he's trying to be in a 90's rap group. I still don't understand why apparel companies don't make fan jerseys closer to t-shirt fit - it's not like what they currently make is anything close to a real jersey.

Love hockey jerseys though.

I never have figured out why men have such an issue with what someone else wears to show support for their team. Heck, wear whatever you want. Just be there, be red and be loud.

Personally I don't care what anyone wears, but I do evaluate what I personally thinks looks good or not.

I don't see any reason TO wear a jersey, really, so I think it's kind of goofy when grown men do, but again, I don't care that they're wearing it. I would never wear one for a few reasons, mostly because the way fan jerseys are made makes any guy wearing one look like he's trying to be in a 90's rap group. I still don't understand why apparel companies don't make fan jerseys closer to t-shirt fit - it's not like what they currently make is anything close to a real jersey.

Love hockey jerseys though.

Lol. I don't care but I evaluate what personally looks good or not?

To think you put some kind of disclaimer on this post of not caring is assinine.

Said you evaluate, and think it's goofy, also went as far as calling them a 90's rap group.

Haha LOMS, you care.

Lol. I don't care but I evaluate what personally looks good or not?

To think you put some kind of disclaimer on this post of not caring is assinine.

Said you evaluate, and think it's goofy, also went as far as calling them a 90's rap group.

Haha LOMS, you care.

Oh.

It is not about "caring" it is about noticing. I don't care about pinecones but I notice them on the ground. I don't care about my lawn but I notice when it needs moving. I don't care about rubbers but I notice when I am with a girl that makes me want to use one (or two)

I don't even see how people claim they don't notice. Do you not notice stop signs? Do you not notice a 5 dollar bill on the ground?

When we are in Lincoln for a game and say we are at a bar. This is 100% how it goes...

Me and some friends hanging out and drinking...dude walks in with a Frazier jersey. The dude is white, out of shape, jorts on, about 45 years old.

A friend will notice him and say to me or the group "Dude, look, over there, its Tommie Frazier"

That is the interaction, that is it, about 5-10 seconds of time spent on it.

It is not about "caring" it is about noticing. I don't care about pinecones but I notice them on the ground. I don't care about my lawn but I notice when it needs moving. I don't care about rubbers but I notice when I am with a girl that makes me want to use one (or two)

I don't even see how people claim they don't notice. Do you not notice stop signs? Do you not notice a 5 dollar bill on the ground?

When we are in Lincoln for a game and say we are at a bar. This is 100% how it goes...

Me and some friends hanging out and drinking...dude walks in with a Frazier jersey. The dude is white, out of shape, jorts on, about 45 years old.

A friend will notice him and say to me or the group "Dude, look, over there, its Tommie Frazier"

That is the interaction, that is it, about 5-10 seconds of time spent on it.

Well, you pretty much nailed the real Tommie Frazier, except for the white part.

I like pointing out all the "brahs" wearing multiple red-and-white polos with their collars popped. All this while wearing a Jeff Kinney Husker jersey over my red overalls with nothing else on underneath.

I am starting to think that 90% of the people on this board are Helen Keller...with the strength of the Hulk...and the brain of Steven Hawking.

• Fire 1

This is a stupid idea, but before I get to that, I don't see jerseys as being the same as the NCAA football games. The digital recreations were almost exact copies of real life people, save the face. Height, weight, abilities, skin color and jersey number were identical. Multiple factors associating themselves to one person. Just one of those factors, to me, is not an association with a player.

That said, I guess if people did see a black #80 jersey from the 2013 season, they'd immediately think Kenny Bell. I get it.

I digress - however, the reason this particular idea is stupid is because you're still selling jerseys that directly correlate to another player! When the year 2022 roles around, given this policy is still in place, those jerseys are going to sell like hot cakes. Hmm... wonder why? Everybody just loves the year 2022? Or everybody just loves 2's!?

No, it'll be because of Rex Burkhead. You could go around and ask every Husker fan on the street that year who they associate the #22 with and, unless another great player comes along and wears it, most people will say Rex Burkhead.

The idea that they're being "safe" by doing a default 1 and the year, and this somehow protects them, is ludicrous in my opinion. The jerseys still represent real people to some fans, and limiting when you actually sell that jersey does NOT change that association.

I associate 22 with Doug DuBois always have always will.