No more Husker players' numbers on fan jerseys

This is a stupid idea, but before I get to that, I don't see jerseys as being the same as the NCAA football games. The digital recreations were almost exact copies of real life people, save the face. Height, weight, abilities, skin color and jersey number were identical. Multiple factors associating themselves to one person. Just one of those factors, to me, is not an association with a player.

That said, I guess if people did see a black #80 jersey from the 2013 season, they'd immediately think Kenny Bell. I get it.

I digress - however, the reason this particular idea is stupid is because you're still selling jerseys that directly correlate to another player! When the year 2022 roles around, given this policy is still in place, those jerseys are going to sell like hot cakes. Hmm... wonder why? Everybody just loves the year 2022? Or everybody just loves 2's!?

No, it'll be because of Rex Burkhead. You could go around and ask every Husker fan on the street that year who they associate the #22 with and, unless another great player comes along and wears it, most people will say Rex Burkhead.

The idea that they're being "safe" by doing a default 1 and the year, and this somehow protects them, is ludicrous in my opinion. The jerseys still represent real people to some fans, and limiting when you actually sell that jersey does NOT change that association.

People are not going to be clamoring over Rex Burkhead jerseys in 2022, sorry.

Then pick any other popular jersey like 7, 15, 18 or even 93.

It's still a stupid idea. I disagree with zoogs that sales would appear merely "coincidental" with a number like 18. If we're all now operating under the assumption that specific numbers are representative of specific players, then a lot of people who buy a jersey in 2018, and are seen with that jersey, will immediately think of Berringer. If, for example, 2018 outsells 2017 jersey sales by a significant proportion, is anybody going to reasonably claim coincidence?

Limiting the access of a specific jersey to a year does not change that jersey's representation. If this really is such an issue that they feel the need to alter the numbers they sell, then they should either sell jerseys with no numbers or do zero.

Or, we could just do away with this nonsense and give players a share of the profits. I don't believe these players are amateurs anymore in this era of college football.

Or, we could just do away with this nonsense and give players a share of the profits. I don't believe these players are amateurs anymore in this era of college football.

If they're not considered amateurs and part of the student body, then whats the point? Why would I care about another semi-pro team in Nebraska? I'd like to see the think trend more towards how we can get back to a closer 50/50 ratio between student and athlete versus "F#%k it, just make them pros" attitude.

I get the argument about certain jerseys being associated with certain players, but its a weak one. There's no name on jersey, and as time goes on, multiple players will be associated with same number. I bought a #12 jersey at the "height" of the Bobby Newcombe era, but I considered it Tuner Gill's number. Others may associate #12 with some other past/present player.

Whats going to stop the black market or the internet from selling these?

I just googled custom nebraska jersey's and google gave me tons of shops...

If I were to buy one, that is what I would do, even before this. Cheaper, same quality and you get what you want. NCAA cracks WAY too much for a collegiate jersey, where the number most likely becomes irrelevant after two years anyway.

Whats going to stop the black market or the internet from selling these?

I just googled custom nebraska jersey's and google gave me tons of shops...

Nothing. But it doesn't matter.

Do you guys not understand that this is the university protecting itself? It's not like they think it's morally pure or anything; it's a no brainer with the way the climate is changing in cfb.

And if 2018 jerseys sell REALLY well compared to 2017, by that time, people will already mentally see a #18 jersey and their first thought will be, "They bought that jersey this year." aka the jersey representing 2018. Their first thought won't be 'Brooke Berringer' anymore.

The sale of jerseys need to stop to anyone over 18 years old. A grown man wearing a jersey of someone half their age is ridiculous.

I'm in my mid 30s and I still plan on wearing a Husker jersey on Saturdays, don't really care what anyone thinks.

Also, it is very common in South Louisiana to see older people wearing jerseys.

The sale of jerseys need to stop to anyone over 18 years old. A grown man wearing a jersey of someone half their age is ridiculous.

I'm in my mid 30s and I still plan on wearing a Husker jersey on Saturdays, don't really care what you think.

Also, it is very common in South Louisiana to see older people wearing jerseys.

It was very common to see people dressed like this once:

tumblr_l2bjs4eE151qaxk1co1_400.jpg

• Fire 2