Camping Out: Offensive Line

Really sounds like Chongo has stepped up.

Or he's trying to get the bad taste of the practice out of his mouth. I applaud guys putting in extra work, but it may be due to him struggling in practice, which is a concern.

Collins is going to eat the lunch of many many very good O linemen this year. Getting beat by him in the 5th practice of the year is not something to be too concerned about at this time and it's great that Chongo is taking the extra time to get better.

I know this is reading into a few words. But, he is "working on the steps that had cost him". That tells me the coaches see what he is doing and are working to fix it. That is totally different than..."crap....he is just good and I can't beat him".

I am not surprised at all that the defense seems to be having the upper hand at this stage of the game and it's not something to be overly concerned about at this time.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard more about Tanner Farmer. I really thought his name would be getting thrown around quite a bit with all the hype last year.

Me too. I wonder where he'll land on the depth chart? Hope we get to see him in games some this season.

Or he's trying to get the bad taste of the practice out of his mouth. I applaud guys putting in extra work, but it may be due to him struggling in practice, which is a concern.

Chongo is probly getting as much of a workout as anyone in camp. Maliek Collins will be one of the best guys he faces this year. Maybe *the* best.

Yeah, I am probably being too hard on Chongo. Collins is a beast.

Chongo is probly getting as much of a workout as anyone in camp. Maliek Collins will be one of the best guys he faces this year. Maybe *the* best.

Yeah, I am probably being too hard on Chongo. Collins is a beast.

I feel the same way. Lots of questions about the O-line right now. We all know the D-line is going to be special this year. The O-line? It's just hard to say whether they'll gel into a solid unit or not.

4. The o-line has work to do.

There are whispers among some program watchers that the big fellas lack toughness. Hmmmm. We shall see. Regardless, the Cornhusker front needs to gel quickly. There is no shortage of bodies and talent. But there really are only two sure things: left tackle Alex Lewis (the best of the bunch) and right guard Chongo Kondolo, who may be special. After that, battles wage. A player who catches your eye is redshirt freshman guard Nick Gates, a 6-5, 290-pounder from Las Vegas. He was a big-time recruit who seemingly has a big future. And, it shows. Junior walk-on Dylan Utter is fighting hard for a guard spot. Don’t discount him. Senior Ryne Reeves could be the guy at center. Senior Givens Price is battling on the interior.

BTN

After everything that has been said about DJ Foster over last fall/spring, I am surprised we are not hearing more from him as an option at the other guard opposite Kondolo.

Foster is pushing Dylan Utter for the starting spot at LG. This appears in McKewon's training camp takes part 2 in today's OWH.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/training-camp-takes-part/article_6eb905a8-423d-11e5-a108-fbb60cf3caf0.html

• Fire 1