The Repub Debate

I was thinking last night how disappointed I've gotten in the primary process. The repubs are now faced with choosing between an egomaniac or 2 freshman senators with little experience. Both are charges that were leveled against Obama - being self centered like Trump and being of little real experience before he became President. He was denounced for only being in the Senate for a short time before he ran for president - sounds like Cruz and Rubio. I have recently been in favor of Rubio, but he is starting to look like an empty suit - short on accomplishments. Gives a good speech like Obama and sounds good in all of those sound bites.

The process has eliminated some guys that I think would have been better at the job. I'm not a Bush fan (tired of any more Bush leaders) but I would suspect he would be a better 'administrator' of the office. The same is true of Kasich and even Chris Christi (also Walker - who I was leaning towards at first - what a quick fizzle out that was). Now being a competent administrator is different than being a leader. It appears the electorate could care less about competency and more about someone who can 'drive change'.

Someone said, Obama makes some of us who did like Bill Clinton wish for Bill Clinton instead and that Trump will make us wish for Obama instead. Funny how the guy in office is extreme until the next guy takes over. The act and react pendulum keeps taking bigger and bigger swings.

Good post, TG. I wouldn't have voted for him but I do think Bush would have been the most capable candidate the Republican side had to offer. I'm frankly astonished that his campaign was such a joke. Christie also seems like he should've been a stronger contender. Kasich I'm still figuring out, but it doesn't appear he's currently a major player either.

Being a competent administrator is the essence of the presidency, I think. We are electing an administrator, after all, not a dictator. There's a limited extent to which a President can drive change and a lot of challenges in the job.

I would argue that for all of our partisan differences we have enjoyed good, competent administrations in the U.S. largely over the last two decades. Bush Sr, Clinton, Obama. Bush Jr is a bit of a complicated story, but I'm gravely concerned that Rubio and particularly Cruz would be substantially worse. Please don't make me entertain the idea of Trump :(.

At this point, the longshot (it's not possible, right?) of a brokered convention with Paul Ryan emerging as the candidate seems like the best outcome. And I am no big fan of Paul Ryan.

I was looking over a delegate chart with the schedule for primaries. If Trump takes all the Winner take all states he only needs about 275 more delegates from all other states. Most of those proportional state elections are happening soon. Texas alone could get him 50 of those delegates.

If Rubio's going to over take him he needs to do it now. He's losing in a lot of those winner take all states by 20+ points.

Man I hate Trump. I'm watching the debate and he talked about how millions of women are helped by Planned Parenthood for things other than abortion. Why does he have to be the voice of reason?? (But he'd still defund it - why not negotiate and have them do less abortions?)

Kasich - said, paraphrased, businesses should serve gays and if they're allowed to stop this based on "religious freedom" what's next - they're allowed to stop service to divorcees too? Businesses should serve these people and disagree with them privately. I like this guy.

Carson - is a terrible debater

Man I hate Trump. I'm watching the debate and he talked about how millions of women are helped by Planned Parenthood for things other than abortion. Why does he have to be the voice of reason?? (But he'd still defund it - why not negotiate and have them do less abortions?)

Kasich - said, paraphrased, businesses should serve gays and if they're allowed to stop this based on "religious freedom" what's next - they're allowed to stop service to divorcees too? Businesses should serve these people and disagree with them privately. I like this guy.

Carson - is a terrible debater

Rubio is actually doing the best I have seen him in all the debates...

Kasich is interesting...But Trump is the best on camera by far

O.o - Cruz just dissed elderly socialized medicine in all countries it's been done in before.

Has he heard of medicaid? I guess I don't know statistics on whether people like it in general but I've heard from people who are happy with it.

Medicaid or Medicare? I thought the consensus on Medicaid was that it didn't reimburse near as well as the rates of other insurers and therefore didn't cover very many things.

Regarding Medicare, I shadowed with a PT clinic where the wife handled insurance, and she said Medicare was her favorite program to process because with a supplemental plan, damn near everything was covered and it was relatively straightforward.

O.o - Cruz just dissed elderly socialized medicine in all countries it's been done in before.

Has he heard of medicaid? I guess I don't know statistics on whether people like it in general but I've heard from people who are happy with it.

Medicaid or Medicare? I thought the consensus on Medicaid was that it didn't reimburse near as well as the rates of other insurers and therefore didn't cover very many things.

Regarding Medicare, I shadowed with a PT clinic where the wife handled insurance, and she said Medicare was her favorite program to process because with a supplemental plan, damn near everything was covered and it was relatively straightforward.

Medicare might be what I was talking about. I don't know a lot about it. I'm talking about old people government health aid that we already have :P

Medicare might be what I was talking about. I don't know a lot about it. I'm talking about old people government health aid that we already have :P

Gotcha! That's Medicare. Haha. Medicaid is the government insurance for lower income people.

What I said above still applies. Medicare does need some cost control measures, and I know for a fact Hillary has a proposal for that. Don't know about anyone else.

What the hell is Trump rambling about? "Audit... Very large... polls... Gonna win." He's like a mad lib at this point.