Camping Out: Linebackers

That shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I remember reading the post about Young in the Camp Countdown thread and thinking that he'd be seeing the field this fall. This is the post I'm talking about:

No. 27 Dedrick Young

6-1 | 220 | Freshman | Linebacker

Already somebody who could be in the mix at linebacker because of depth issues, his value might have only leapt a notch with the announcement that senior David Santos would no longer be with the team.

The question comes with Young being a true freshman, though he did arrive in January and go through spring practice — giving him a jump on several others putting on NU practice jerseys for the first time in August. No doubting his credentials, though, as a touted recruit who had offers from a good chunk of Pac-12 schools because of his athleticism and physical style.

Link

A defensive newcomer that has been standing out to Coach Riley has been freshman linebacker Dedrick Young. According to Coach Riley, Young is relatively quiet but very intense and most importantly, Young has the ability to learn quickly and perform consistently.
“Dedrick Young had the benefit of graduating early and getting here in the spring, it has made a major difference and it’s probably good for us,” Riley said. “He is making a major move, at this time he is obviously not redshirting and getting ready to play.”

LINK

It sure looks like Young will see the field as a true frosh. And it's a good thing too, considering we're pretty thin at LB this year. Again.

I think he's probably pushing 215 or 220 now.

Wow...he was only listed at 185 when we recruited him. I was giving him a lot of credit for getting to 200. If he has gained 30-35 lbs of good muscle, that's impressive.
Just looking at photos of Ferguson there is no way he's at 200 anymore imo...dude is built.