Some BTN Notes from August 11th practice

I'm getting more and more worried listening to all the negative pass info on Armstrong so far this off-season. Not that I'm completely surprised, but I wish it was more positive.

Just like how positive talk year after year with Bo's team meant nothing, negative (or positive) talk with Riley's team means nothing.

This is not a complete overhaul offensively - a lot of stuff will look very familiar to Neb fans (spread formations, read option, etc)

I wonder... if it's because the starting QB is consistently better at running than completing passes. :dunno Spread formation and read option is not a Langsdorf and Riley kind of thing. They're no experts at it. But because of the hand they were dealt, they are doing what they can...

I'm getting more and more worried listening to all the negative pass info on Armstrong so far this off-season. Not that I'm completely surprised, but I wish it was more positive.

Just like how positive talk year after year with Bo's team meant nothing, negative (or positive) talk with Riley's team means nothing.

So, no talk, positive or negative, of what 10-15 reporters say mean anything at all either way? Man

It's amazing to me how a school the caliber of Nebraska can struggle so much in getting a player who can complete a pass.

TA is absolutely not a passer that generates a lot of confidence but he also is very far from being the worst passing QB Nebraska has ever fielded and we have almost always managed a reasonable offense.

TA 2014 Stats

13 games

345 attempts

184 completions

53.3%

2695 yards

7.8 yds/att

22 TD's

12 Int's

207.3 yds/game

I don't think this is terribly far off from the typical Nebraska pass productivity. I would have a hard time saying we can't complete a pass.....

but yes, some of his picks, or near picks, can be cringe inducing at times. Pretty confident that a little time with Langsdorf and MR will only have him improving. I think we'll be okay as long as the O line and rushing attack stays reasonably strong.