BTN Crew Not Sold On Iowa

Mavric

I didn't realize Iowa was struggling this much over the last five or so years.

Why is Iowa always stuck at 7-5? – Chuck Phillips

The Hawkeyes have been stuck in a bit of a malaise since going 11-2 in 2009. Since then, Iowa has a 34-30 overall mark and is 19-21 in the Big Ten over the last five seasons. This year, Iowa may be fighting for relevancy in the Big Ten West. The program has been good on defense. It’s the offense that has proven to be troublesome. The attack consistently lacks explosiveness, as there have been few difference-makers at receiver or running back in recent seasons. And QB play often has been pedestrian. After watching practice this year, I wonder how good the attack will be this season. Bottom line: This may be another 7-5 Iowa team.

Can Iowa win its division? – Mike Maguire

I guess. And I also could grow a full head of hair. Will either happen? Probably not. I like Minnesota in the West. Wisconsin also looks good. And Nebraska looks to be ahead of Iowa, too.

:laughpound

BTN Mailbag

Let's say Iowa went 4-8 or 3-9 (probably not going to happen, but it's not impossible).

Do they fire Ferentz?

Does anyone have the numbers on his buyout if let go this year?

He makes 3.6 million THROUGH 2020. So the buyout would be almost $15 million

I texted my Iowa buddy to see how many losses he thinks it would take to kick Kirk to the curb...

He's not gonna respond lol

Let's say Iowa went 4-8 or 3-9 (probably not going to happen, but it's not impossible).

Do they fire Ferentz?

Does anyone have the numbers on his buyout if let go this year?

He makes 3.6 million THROUGH 2020. So the buyout would be almost $15 million

I texted my Iowa buddy to see how many losses he thinks it would take to kick Kirk to the curb...

He's not gonna respond lol

It's going to take someone planting incriminating evidence on Ferentz for Iowa to have the balls to fire him. My guess is that they will suffer until the buyout is at 7 million.

The Ferentz contract has to be the single worst contract ever seen in college football. In 2009 they extended his contract through the 2020 season at almost $3 million per year. Pretty easy to see Kirk saw the mountain of guaranteed cash and decided to just coast this one out.

I've seen worse.

What? Huh?

Oh

ND

Valid point