Scout: Greatest CFB Team of the Last 25 Years

Mavric

The 95 team played 4 top ten teams. Won by an average score of 49-18.

Against top ten teams.

Conversely, '01 Miami beat 5 top 20 teams by an average score of 45-11.

Not bad, but they also had their first team offense and defense throughout the entirety of at least two of those.

Yeah. And they also pummeled the National title game opponent as well.

Actually, sometimes I go around in my head as to whether some of the greatest teams would compare the '95 Nebraska. '04 USC. '01 Miami. Those are the two most dominant cases that come to mind. And the answer always goes back to mentality. I just never seen before or since a team that would roll out on saturday with such immense amounts of cool confidence and swagger. A pure intimidation factor to which the game was all but literally over at the opening kickoff. I never got that feeling with those other teams. And '95 Nebraska never slipped up and had that close game. Our "off" game was the game discussed earlier. Washington St. Which was a 20-7 lead by halftime after that long fluke early TD run, and was really never as close as a 14 point final would indicate.

So, I'm not discrediting the talent level or coaching and such of other truly dominant teams. But in football and sports in general, it's so much more than X's and O's and talent, etc. Nebraska was a finely tuned freight train in terms of mentality and psychology that no one could compete with.

If I had a time machine school bus, I'd load up with that 95 Huskers team and travel through time destroying every team Kirky Herbsore thinks could stand up to them. Then after the Huskers are done beating down every one of them, we'd make Herby kiss each and every one of the rings on those guys' fingers.

Every year rankings like this come out and every year '95 Nebraska is considered the greatest of all time. Wonder why? GBR!!!

Yes, and there are some that say the only team that was on their level if you could adjust for time differences was the 71 team. I am fortunate enough to be of the age where I watched and could appreciate both teams.

But you know what guys, not to dedhoarse but it is time to build new memories instead of having to think back to the good old days. It is nice to have the 2 greatest teams of all time, but it would be better to have that plus the hope for another NC within the next few years

• Fire 1

I wonder how many guys from the 01 team would ride the bench on that 95 team..

Oh good this is gonna turn into that "NFL player" argument.

Yeah, Sean Taylor, Ed reed, wilfork, Shockey, andre johnson wouldn't start or get any playing time on that 95 team

Oh don't be ridiculous, of course a couple of them might get a little playing time. We usually had our subs in 3rd and 4th quarter so there would be ample opportunity for those guys.

• Fire 8

Yeah, Sean Taylor, Ed reed, wilfork, Shockey, andre johnson wouldn't start or get any playing time on that 95 team

Oh don't be ridiculous, of course a couple of them might get a little playing time. We usually had our subs in 3rd and 4th quarter so there would be ample opportunity for those guys.

herman-cain-smile.gif

+1

• Fire 1

"Yeah, crimestoppers? I just witnessed a murder."

IDN2pzD.gif

• Fire 2

What a shock, you completely missed my point.

The 1995 Husker team may have been better than it was with 2001 Miami caliber athletes on it. But the 1995 Huskers exactly as they were still would have beaten 2001 Miami because Nebraska was a better TEAM with a better coach. People always spout nonsense about NFL players drafted when they try to argue about Nebraska's teams, as if individual athleticism is the only thing that matters. Tommie Frazier is a prime example of this. If all you use to decide who would beat who is the # of players drafted, you couldn't count Tommie Frazier for Nebraska, which is idiotic.

• Fire 1

Every year rankings like this come out and every year '95 Nebraska is considered the greatest of all time. Wonder why? GBR!!!

Yes, and there are some that say the only team that was on their level if you could adjust for time differences was the 71 team. I am fortunate enough to be of the age where I watched and could appreciate both teams.

But you know what guys, not to dedhoarse but it is time to build new memories instead of having to think back to the good old days. It is nice to have the 2 greatest teams of all time, but it would be better to have that plus the hope for another NC within the next few years

Totally agree. Time to start building another NC caliber team.

What a shock, you completely missed my point.

The 1995 Husker team may have been better than it was with 2001 Miami caliber athletes on it. But the 1995 Huskers exactly as they were still would have beaten 2001 Miami because Nebraska was a better TEAM with a better coach. People always spout nonsense about NFL players drafted when they try to argue about Nebraska's teams, as if individual athleticism is the only thing that matters. Tommie Frazier is a prime example of this. If all you use to decide who would beat who is the # of players drafted, you couldn't count Tommie Frazier for Nebraska, which is idiotic.

its the same argument michigan fans have for the 97 split that Michigan was loaded with all these guys who wound up in the nfl but if you watched 5 random games by each TEAM, you come up with the same answer most experts have. Nebraska wins by 3 touchdowns more times than not