BYU Preview

BIG ERN

I think the important thing to take away from all of this is that we won't really know the scope of what BYU has done, is doing or will do until this weekend's game is underway. Most people, outside of BYU that is, think BYU has done a poor job of handling this situation from a PR standpoint.

Furthermore, and this is not debatable, Nebraska is a more talented team than BYU. BYU certainly has some very talented players, and, they have a returning coach, which helps with consistency. But, as a group, Nebraska is a better team.

The difference in talent really only exists at the 2nd and 3rd string. BYU's starters are about as talented as Nebraska, probably more so on offense (with the exception at running back and tight end) I'd argue. But we lack depth without question.

I'm surprised the guy who threw the rabbit punch is still on the team. He should have been arrested.

Haha. Arrested? LOL. You all are a soft bunch.
Soft? How about an ear hole sucker punch to a guy facing the other way...that's what I consider soft, or cowardly, or being a pu$$. But hey maybe I'm just old fashion...or an actual man.
I don't disagree which is why I'm fine with the suspension. The expulsion talk is just dumb though. And in Nacua's defense I'm not sure he has all of his faculties after getting rocked. He got dropped!
Are they just talking one game for him? Not enough if so.
I have been mostly just a lurker on this board. I am pretty excited about the game this weekend. I think it will be a hard fought game where both teams have some serious questions in different areas. To me this game is a complete toss up. We could easily get run out of cornfields or squeak out a winner. I know there have been some major egos that have posted as BYU fans. We get real defensive quick. The only thing I want to clear up is the suspensions. Kai Nacua should be suspended for the game. He deserves it and I don't think we will see him Saturday. For those claiming it should be more and are upset about it? Really? Every team has had unfortunate incidents like this. Remember Kellen Huston? He got a 1 game suspension as well and he dropped a poor little fat Mizzou boy who was not involved in any fight. 1 game. So stop complaining about a suspension of a kid you will never even recall who he is after Saturday

What I am trying to say is for the most part you guys have been legitimately classy. We haven't represented all that well and for that I appologize. I think the trash talk started innocent on both sides and turned sour as gameday approaches. Best of luck to the huskers after Sat. I hope you go 11-1.

Just in case you guys forgot who Kellen Huston was

Was waiting for this, and I'm glad it was finally posted.

It's really been tough lately figuring out if you're an actual Husker fan or not. The Oregon part has been easy.....Nebraska not so much.

Why? Because I try to take the clear bias out of things? Why would I donate to the board if I wasn't a Husker fan?

I said what I said because there have been comments leading our BYU fans to believe that this sort of thing has never happened at Nebraska. Which is wrong, that's all I was getting across.

It's becoming more and more clear on this board that if we don't spell things out so 100 percent, they get taken completely wrong. Leading to rear end injury.

I've just been noticing that you've been a little down on Nebraska lately. Seem to be taking a little satisfaction whenever NU isn't portrayed in the best light. Picking us to lose the home opener to BYU......Everything okay?

Can you justify that for me? I guess I don't feel like I've been like that.

I picked NU to lose because of the offense. I just don't trust TA's ability to throw the ball. I really hope I'm wrong, but, I'm trying to win a contest dangit! Gotta go with my gut. :P

I'm surprised the guy who threw the rabbit punch is still on the team. He should have been arrested.

Soft? How about an ear hole sucker punch to a guy facing the other way...that's what I consider soft, or cowardly, or being a pu$$. But hey maybe I'm just old fashion...or an actual man.
I don't disagree which is why I'm fine with the suspension. The expulsion talk is just dumb though. And in Nacua's defense I'm not sure he has all of his faculties after getting rocked. He got dropped!
I have been mostly just a lurker on this board. I am pretty excited about the game this weekend. I think it will be a hard fought game where both teams have some serious questions in different areas. To me this game is a complete toss up. We could easily get run out of cornfields or squeak out a winner. I know there have been some major egos that have posted as BYU fans. We get real defensive quick. The only thing I want to clear up is the suspensions. Kai Nacua should be suspended for the game. He deserves it and I don't think we will see him Saturday. For those claiming it should be more and are upset about it? Really? Every team has had unfortunate incidents like this. Remember Kellen Huston? He got a 1 game suspension as well and he dropped a poor little fat Mizzou boy who was not involved in any fight. 1 game. So stop complaining about a suspension of a kid you will never even recall who he is after Saturday

What I am trying to say is for the most part you guys have been legitimately classy. We haven't represented all that well and for that I appologize. I think the trash talk started innocent on both sides and turned sour as gameday approaches. Best of luck to the huskers after Sat. I hope you go 11-1.

It's really been tough lately figuring out if you're an actual Husker fan or not. The Oregon part has been easy.....Nebraska not so much.

Why? Because I try to take the clear bias out of things? Why would I donate to the board if I wasn't a Husker fan?

I said what I said because there have been comments leading our BYU fans to believe that this sort of thing has never happened at Nebraska. Which is wrong, that's all I was getting across.

It's becoming more and more clear on this board that if we don't spell things out so 100 percent, they get taken completely wrong. Leading to rear end injury.

No worries. Any college football fan worth his salt would remember that incident. I could have brought it up but it's entertaining watching dudes like knapp strain over beam in their own eye.

Remember the Kellen Huston incident? I had forgotten all about it. Why? Because it wasn't a bench clearing brawl.

• Fire 1

I think the important thing to take away from all of this is that we won't really know the scope of what BYU has done, is doing or will do until this weekend's game is underway. Most people, outside of BYU that is, think BYU has done a poor job of handling this situation from a PR standpoint.

Furthermore, and this is not debatable, Nebraska is a more talented team than BYU. BYU certainly has some very talented players, and, they have a returning coach, which helps with consistency. But, as a group, Nebraska is a better team.

The difference in talent really only exists at the 2nd and 3rd string. BYU's starters are about as talented as Nebraska, probably more so on offense (with the exception at running back and tight end) I'd argue. But we lack depth without question.

Agreed, that's kind-of what I was getting at. I think BYU has talent along the lines and definitely at some skill spots, but, it'll be interesting to see what happens through the course of the game. I think BYU and Nebraska could stay close through a few quarters. Nebraska definitely lacks experience at their 2nd and 3rd strings so depth is a concern for us, too. But, I also think this is what will ultimately help Nebraska prevail. Who is going to be able to fill a spot and have those guys make a play? I like Nebraska in this area.

And that overall talent is why BYU lost 5 games last year? Must've been a killer schedule you guys played.

Honest question here, has Nebraska ever taken part in a bench clearing brawl? I've watched almost every game since I have been alive, and don't remember one. I google searched and couldn't find one. I really don't think the Kellen Huston thing qualifies on the same level. So I would say that this type of thing has never happened at Nebraska.

And that overall talent is why BYU lost 5 games last year? Must've been a killer schedule you guys played.

Losing Taysom was completely deflating. There is no replacing him. He's the heart and soul of the team and means as much to the defense as he does the offense. He is one of those players that just has it. That it factor that makes everyone believe you can do anything and elevates your game because he will do everything to win. When he went down last year with that broken leg I can't even explain what that stadium was like. Combine that with losing our star running back for the season, a couple starting corners and numerous other players and it was a cluster. That team went into a tailspin and only recovered because of the soft November schedule.

This season is riding on Taysom. Every BYU fan will be holding his breath when he drops back and wincing whenever he gets hit.

Losing Taysom was completely deflating. There is no replacing him. He's the heart and soul of the team and means as much to the defense as he does the offense. He is one of those players that just has it. That it factor that makes everyone believe you can do anything and elevates your game because he will do everything to win. When he went down last year with that broken leg I can't even explain what that stadium was like. Combine that with losing our star running back for the season, a couple starting corners and numerous other players and it was a cluster. That team went into a tailspin and only recovered because of the soft November schedule.

This season is riding on Taysom. Every BYU fan will be holding his breath when he drops back and wincing whenever he gets hit.

That's a reasonable answer. I am not a BYU follower and did not know they were that dinged up. Hope they bring it on Saturday. I am looking forward to a good game.

That's a reasonable answer. I am not a BYU follower and did not know they were that dinged up. Hope they bring it on Saturday. I am looking forward to a good game.

BYU had a ridiculous number of injuries last year(many were soft tissue injuries like ankles, knees, shoulders). So much so that BYU put their S&C coach out to pasture and completely overhauled their training program. Everyone is drinking the Kool-Aid and raving about the results. But this fall camp was great for BYU. The only two significant injuries was a non contact ACL tear (starting TE running a route and just went down) and a 3rd string OLB who broke his neck (two rods inserted to stabilize his spine - he's already back walking around the student athletic center) in a freak accident. But we'll see. I'm anxious to see the results on the field, especially in relation to BYU's go fast, go hard no huddle offense.

I hope he stays healthy his senior year. As a die hard Husker I want him to bring his best against us. It will be a good game..... I think the defense's effort overall will likely decide this game. Huskers appear at first blush to have the better overall talent on that side. Of course we have a new coach and scheme so it will definitely be interesting. I'm thankful we are not implementing Bo's defense against a talented QB who has excellent running skills. Our previous success against that type QB is not good.

I've just been noticing that you've been a little down on Nebraska lately. Seem to be taking a little satisfaction whenever NU isn't portrayed in the best light. Picking us to lose the home opener to BYU......Everything okay?

Can you justify that for me? TI guess I don't feel like I've been like that.

I picked NU to lose because of the offense. I just don't trust TA's ability to throw the ball. I really hope I'm wrong, but, I'm trying to win a contest dangit! Gotta go with my gut. :P

Maybe I'm just being a little over sensitive.....first game jitters and such. I took a little umbrage over you picking BYU and then saying that you'd like to see Oregon get a natty before Nebraska. I guess I don't have another college team that I care about except for the Huskers so that seems strange to me. And then you were glad somebody posted that video of our player laying out the fan. IDK, I'm never glad to see that because it portrays the program in a bad light. You can say it's to show you aren't biased but aren't fans supposed to be biased? Look at these BYU posters, they're plenty biased for their own team. Don't think they need any help from us....

I can understand how this would affect a team for sure, so I'm not dismissing the fact that it could have a poor effect on a team, but we had something similar happen in 2013 when Taylor Martinez went out, and we still scrambled our way to 9 wins with a freshman and a walk-on quarterback, against better competition.

Depth is definitely a place of distinction between our teams, but I would disagree with the assertion that our starting 22 and yours are on equal footing. I could go back and look at the 247 composite rankings for all 22 starters for each team, but that's too much work and I'm about 85% confident there would be a legitimate gap in perceived quality between the two teams.