BYU Preview

BIG ERN

People. Good lord.

When it's a Husker, there is never this uproar.

I'm starting to think some people want 10 BYU guys out because thats the only way they see us beating BYU

I don't ever recall Nebraska getting in a fight quite like this. The last one I remember was Miami last year which was some pushing.

I honestly don't care who's suspended on BYU one way or the other. At this point in CFB it benefits us to have the best time against us on the other side of the field.

However, as I stated before. It's obnoxious to have fans from other teams coming in here and being unrealistic about things.

The thing I love about Husker fans is that we tend to be pretty realistic and knowledgeable. We're not gonna say that our D is going to shutout everyone. We're not gonna claim everyone on our team is NFL caliber. We call out our own when they deserve it. I mean yeah the sky falls when we lose, but whatever.

I guess the point is this. The people that have shown up on the board seem to have no sense of reality and are antagonistic. It's annoying and the people on the board are starting to show that it's annoying them.

You are posting on a board where unrealistic is the main theme.

BYU Honor code goes out the window when you are trying to win a game.

What a great message to send to the team. Hey, we are only going to suspend you for a game where we wont need you.... But we need to win, so what you did is perfectly ok.

Good lord. Keep it classy BYU.....

Meanwhile, the huskers are suspending a few players for this game instead of waiting for a more winnable game later.

what do you expect? byu like notre dame are nothing but frauds who want to appear to be the moral authorities, we never should have scheduled scum like this. at least miami is honest about what they are.

A little too much? Inappropriate for a football forum?

Your joking right? What he said has a merit of truth to it whether you like it or not. Miami has never hid from what they are/were. They even promoted it in the 80's and 90's. BYU and ND do come off as holy rollers but in reality, they really aren't.

What a great message to send to the team. Hey, we are only going to suspend you for a game where we wont need you.... But we need to win, so what you did is perfectly ok.

Meanwhile, the huskers are suspending a few players for this game instead of waiting for a more winnable game later.

I'm not a BYU apologist by any means, but is it possible that the players are indeed suspended for the game, but the announcement of those suspensions won't take place until afterwords?

Then rather than discussing why so and so got suspended or why did he get suspended for longer than someone else, etc, they can actually focus on game preparations. This is the same reasoning behind why Mike Riley said he'd wait to announce suspensions until later this week.

I could be way off here, but just from that one comment from Bronco I don't think it neccessarily means no suspensions, just none that are announced ahead of time.

I don't understand how anyone is interpreting this as the players not being suspended for our game.

All this means is that he won't publicly announce the players until after the game is over. They'll, whoever they are, still be suspended for Nebraska.

I'm not a BYU apologist by any means, but is it possible that the players are indeed suspended for the game, but the announcement of those suspensions won't take place until afterwords?

Then rather than discussing why so and so got suspended or why did he get suspended for longer than someone else, etc, they can actually focus on game preparations. This is the same reasoning behind why Mike Riley said he'd wait to announce suspensions until later this week.

I could be way off here, but just from that one comment from Bronco I don't think it neccessarily means no suspensions, just none that are announced ahead of time.

That was actually the impression I got from it. There will be players suspended, he's just not going to say who they are. We'll have to figure that out at game time.

This is getting tiresome. You know how many players BYU has suspended on the eve of games far bigger than this one?

I'm beginning to think that Nebraska is really scared of this mid major school Saturday.

I'm surprised the guy who threw the rabbit punch is still on the team. He should have been arrested.

Haha. Arrested? LOL. You all are a soft bunch.
Soft? How about an ear hole sucker punch to a guy facing the other way...that's what I consider soft, or cowardly, or being a pu$$. But hey maybe I'm just old fashion...or an actual man.
I don't disagree which is why I'm fine with the suspension. The expulsion talk is just dumb though. And in Nacua's defense I'm not sure he has all of his faculties after getting rocked. He got dropped!
Are they just talking one game for him? Not enough if so.

I have been mostly just a lurker on this board. I am pretty excited about the game this weekend. I think it will be a hard fought game where both teams have some serious questions in different areas. To me this game is a complete toss up. We could easily get run out of cornfields or squeak out a winner. I know there have been some major egos that have posted as BYU fans. We get real defensive quick. The only thing I want to clear up is the suspensions. Kai Nacua should be suspended for the game. He deserves it and I don't think we will see him Saturday. For those claiming it should be more and are upset about it? Really? Every team has had unfortunate incidents like this. Remember Kellen Huston? He got a 1 game suspension as well and he dropped a poor little fat Mizzou boy who was not involved in any fight. 1 game. So stop complaining about a suspension of a kid you will never even recall who he is after Saturday

What I am trying to say is for the most part you guys have been legitimately classy. We haven't represented all that well and for that I appologize. I think the trash talk started innocent on both sides and turned sour as gameday approaches. Best of luck to the huskers after Sat. I hope you go 11-1.

I'm surprised the guy who threw the rabbit punch is still on the team. He should have been arrested.

Haha. Arrested? LOL. You all are a soft bunch.
Soft? How about an ear hole sucker punch to a guy facing the other way...that's what I consider soft, or cowardly, or being a pu$$. But hey maybe I'm just old fashion...or an actual man.
I don't disagree which is why I'm fine with the suspension. The expulsion talk is just dumb though. And in Nacua's defense I'm not sure he has all of his faculties after getting rocked. He got dropped!
Are they just talking one game for him? Not enough if so.

I have been mostly just a lurker on this board. I am pretty excited about the game this weekend. I think it will be a hard fought game where both teams have some serious questions in different areas. To me this game is a complete toss up. We could easily get run out of cornfields or squeak out a winner. I know there have been some major egos that have posted as BYU fans. We get real defensive quick. The only thing I want to clear up is the suspensions. Kai Nacua should be suspended for the game. He deserves it and I don't think we will see him Saturday. For those claiming it should be more and are upset about it? Really? Every team has had unfortunate incidents like this. Remember Kellen Huston? He got a 1 game suspension as well and he dropped a poor little fat Mizzou boy who was not involved in any fight. 1 game. So stop complaining about a suspension of a kid you will never even recall who he is after Saturday

What I am trying to say is for the most part you guys have been legitimately classy. We haven't represented all that well and for that I appologize. I think the trash talk started innocent on both sides and turned sour as gameday approaches. Best of luck to the huskers after Sat. I hope you go 11-1.

Just in case you guys forgot who Kellen Huston was

Every team has had unfortunate incidents like this.

No, they haven't. Although Nebraska probably came close last year against Miami.

Are you claiming that 1 player losing his cool is the same as a bench-clearing brawl? And, btw, Huston was suspended for the next game. See, we suspended everyone involved in our "brawl."

No, they haven't. Although Nebraska probably came close last year against Miami.

Are you claiming that 1 player losing his cool is the same as a bench-clearing brawl? And, btw, Huston was suspended for the next game. See, we suspended everyone involved in our "brawl."

:yeah

Ummm... I'm confused how is it different? If anything attacking a fan would be looked on as worse. Also Kai Nacua is getting suspended THE NEXT GAME, so i don't see your point there. We could go with the spring game if you really want to enforce the next game policy you seem to be worried about?

Ummm... I'm confused how is it different? If anything attacking a fan would be looked on as worse. Also Kai Nacua is getting suspended THE NEXT GAME, so i don't see your point there. We could go with the spring game if you really want to enforce the next game policy you seem to be worried about?

You're devoid of logic about this. It's different because there were lots of BYU players involved who haven't been suspended for anything, but I don't think any explanation by me will convince you of the truth.