Hands to the face penalty

donesman

What was up with the hands to the face penalty on the Taysum TD the first half? They called it on number 55 on the offense, which there was no 55 on BYU offense that play. When they showed the replay it was our #55 (Maurice) getting blasted

in the face but then they reverse it on the D and they get the TD? What?!? That should've been discussed and called back!

• Fire 2

Agree this was a big missed call and gave them a freebie TD. Our defender was getting murdered with BYU OL hands to his face multiple times. The only thing I can think is that our defender gave the last shove to his face and that was the only one the ref saw. They should have showed another angle but never did.

Plus they held our guys all day long and called it only a couple of times. That Sutton hit was CHEAP! Poor Sam! Although I must say the hit on Sam lit a fire under our boys and they went after BYU! I was just as disappointed as anyone else that we lost because it ended the streak but I'm looking forward to next week already. GBR!

I was more pissed about the a-hole diving at Sutton's knee, and not getting flagged. It was outright dirty.

That was beyond dirty. He literally took 3 steps and then dove at his knee. As for the illegal hands to the face, the video clearly shows that 55(Williams) clearly had his facemask pushed up into the air, and Williams did NOT touch the other guys helmet at all even though he couldn't see. Truly a BS call by our own idiot refs. They didn't even know what is considered a legal and illegal block and tried to flag us for one later in the game until a ref that could actually read a rule book told them it was legal. That proves to me we have morons refing the game right there.

Give me a break - the officiating had nothing to do with it. The team played well in stretches, but could not beat a BYU team that was decimated with injurues to key players on both sides of the ball. It never should have come down to that final play, but sometimes you win those (like against Northwestern a while back), and sometimes you don't.

• Fire 1