HS Players Blindside Attack Official

Mavric

First, that kid is a special kind of stupid. Why are you going to do it when the odds that there a decent number of people filming it, and probably the school as well, so it's not like anyone's going to notice...

^^This. Aside from those two not knowing basic wrong from right, how could they not realize that this would turn into a huge sh#tstorm? I guess thugs is an appropriate label here because those players are clearly both stupid and brutal. :facepalm:

I guess the official used a racial slur to them and that's why they did what they did. I guess the two players are Hispanic....is it me our does that official look Hispanic?

Tomorrow Obama is going to give a speech on how these two stood up against racism and then next year at the ESPY' these two boys will win the courage award.

• Fire 1

Consider the other shoe dropped:

If the coaches were aware he was using racial slurs, at that point i call over the other officials and have a word with them... Or you need to deal with it after the game.

At this point, i dont care if the players were told to do this. You dont do it.

I also find it a little hard to believe the ref was using racial slurs, but if he was, there are better ways to deal with this.

Both players should be charged with assault. The coach should be fired and also get some charges.

An assistant coach at John Jay High School in San Antonio told his school principal that he ordered his players to hit a referee in a Sept. 4 game out of anger that the official used racist language, according to evidence obtained by Outside the Lines.

In a signed statement detailing his interactions with the head coach after the game, John Jay High School principal Robert Harris says the team's secondary coach, Mack Breed, admitted he "directed the students to make the referee pay for his racial comments and calls."
On Wednesday, 15-year-old John Jay sophomore Victor Rojas and 17-year-old senior Michael Moreno each will attend disciplinary hearings.
On Sept. 4, Rojas and Moreno blindsided official Robert Watts late in the fourth quarter of a game in Marble Falls, Texas, on a deliberate tackle from behind -- captured on video -- that has now been seen on YouTube by more than 11 million people.
According to a sideline source and the accounts provided to Outside the Lines of four John Jay players, Watts used the N-word twice during the game, once before and once after the infamous hits, and also used language offensive to Hispanics.
Watts has declined to comment, but his attorney, Alan Goldberger, said Watts denies he used racist remarks of any kind.

ESPN

John Jay High School assistant coach Mack Breed has resigned, according to a statement released by his attorney.

Breed was accused of directing two players to blindside an official during a Sept. 4 game. Breed was supposed to appear this morning before a meeting of the University Interscholastic League in Round Rock, Texas, but now will not speak before the governing body of Texas high school sports.

Outside the Lines reported earlier this week that Breed admitted to the school principal that he ordered the players to strike the official out of anger. Breed told his principal the official was using racist language and had made a series of bad calls.

Breed's attorney, James Reeves, said in a statement Thursday that the controversy should not rest solely at his client's feet.

"Some people are unfairly blaming one man, Mack Breed, for everything that happened at that game," Reeves said. "Mack Breed has spent three agonizing weeks contemplating his future since the fateful football game in which two players struck a referee. It has been a difficult road for Mack as he has stood silently watching the spectacle. He has replayed that game in his mind many times wondering how it all went wrong."

ESPN