eSECpn Bias

DomiNUs

What has evolved?

The top 25 is meaningless. We saw it last year, it has evolved to a committee. They are all that matters, and they aren't the types to give a sh#t about the polls.

That's incorrect. Just because there is a playoff committee does not mean they are not influenced by the polls. In fact, based on their early rankings last year, I suspect that that's where they start.

• Fire 1

What has evolved?

The top 25 is meaningless. We saw it last year, it has evolved to a committee. They are all that matters, and they aren't the types to give a sh#t about the polls.

That's incorrect. Just because there is a playoff committee does not mean they are not influenced by the polls. In fact, based on their early rankings last year, I suspect that that's where they start.

Would you say they were incorrect on the 4 teams that made it into the playoffs last year?

• Fire 1

What has evolved?

Would you say they were incorrect on the 4 teams that made it into the playoffs last year?

For the most part yes. They got it right at the end.

It may not matter for the playoffs so much anymore, which is good. But it matters with media coverage for a few critical months during prime recruiting season. All that free publicity and positive branding is a big deal.

Glad a few of those overrated teams were exposed already. And it's hilarious that Pig Suey Bielema lost to Toledo after complaining about Ohio State's "easy" schedule.

• Fire 2

I did notice during the BYU game, they were going through the list of top 10 teams and talked about 3 different teams winning in the last second, or whatever. And they pretended the Auburn game didn't happen :P

It goes against their default narrative. No one can compete with the SEC. Especially not FCS teams.