eSECpn Bias

DomiNUs

On the front page of ESPN, and in the primary spot of college football page:

Week 2 exposes serious flaws in SEC's logic

http://sports.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/gamedayfinal091215/week-2-performances-arkansas-razorbacks-auburn-tigers-expose-flaws-sec-claim-conference-superiority

Some upper level exec at ESPN probably saw this thread on huskerboard and decided they needed to throw some shade on the SEC

On the front page of ESPN, and in the primary spot of college football page:

Week 2 exposes serious flaws in SEC's logic

http://sports.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/gamedayfinal091215/week-2-performances-arkansas-razorbacks-auburn-tigers-expose-flaws-sec-claim-conference-superiority

Yeah, eSECpn finally got around to reporting the SEC failures of yesterday. They stuck them all into one article. (Maybe others will follow?) The article leads off with a jab to Ohio State.

Earlier this week, after defending national champion Ohio State ran away from Virginia Tech 42-24 on the road, Arkansas coach Bret Bielema criticized the No. 1 Buckeyes' remaining schedule.
"Ohio State's ranked No. 1, and they have one game remaining on their schedule that has anybody ranked right now," Bielema told reporters earlier this week. "We're going to play eight straight opponents that are ranked."
Not anymore.

After the 1st week the SEC writers were bragging about this huge resurgence. Then they threw 10 of them in the top 25.

Now, Tennessee fell to OU, Arkansas got upset by an FCS team, and LSU beat MSU. Those 3 were ranked low enough they should all fall out with their losses. Will all of them fall out? I will be surprised.

Auburn was unimpressive for a 2nd straight week and it almost cost them a win. Kentucky beat the always over hyped South Carolina and NOW they say "This is looking like a down year for the Gamecocks". Mizzou only beat Arkansas State by 7 points. I mean, really, they haven't been any more impressive than any other conference. I'm supposed to be awed by the fact Alabama smeared Middle Tennessee State? Why is that more impressive than Ohio State shutting out Hawaii? I think it's fair to say that so far the best wins of the season have been Michigan State over Oregon and Ohio State over Virginia Tech. Alabama's win over Wisconsin is up there too, but the MSU win is easily the best and that's a Big Ten team over a Pac 12 (The "2nd Best" Conference) juggernaut.

I actually enjoyed Herbstreit speak about Auburn last night. He was asked how their game affects them and where they should be ranked, or to that effect. His response was like, "Well, I didn't have them ranked that high to begin with."

Chris Spielman was saying, that if you're going to hate on the B1G like everyone did last year, than you better do it to the SEC this year.