eSECpn Bias

DomiNUs

You know how to get ESPN to be biased towards the B1G? Win 7 national championships in a row.

Without the playoffs, the SEC wins 8 in a row. Ohio St. never makes it in the old BCS.

How many of those 7 in a row go to someone else if we have a playoff 8 years ago???

You forgot the fact that Florida St, from the ACC, won the National Championship to keep the SEC from winning 8 in a row the year before Ohio State did.

I'm waiting for the BIG TEN Storied documentary series on ESPN.

The Big Ten has their own channel to do such shows

So does the SEC.

Which is owned by ESPN. If you want to complain about something like this, why aren't you bitching that Fox doesn't do something on behalf of the B1G?

If you want to start a thread about FOX Big Ten bias, be my guest.

I'm waiting for the BIG TEN Storied documentary series on ESPN.

The Big Ten has their own channel to do such shows

So does the SEC.

Which is owned by ESPN. If you want to complain about something like this, why aren't you bitching that Fox doesn't do something on behalf of the B1G?

If you want to start a thread about FOX Big Ten bias, be my guest.

I'm not the one worried about how a network markets their investment.

I'm not the one worried about how a network markets their investment.

So we are admitting they're biased towards their vested interests; I'm glad we're on the same page here. :wasted

Ha ha! Yeah, that's how it works alright. Just like the stock market. When brokerage houses push stock they have an interest in on small investors. Capitalism! Murica!

I think it's getting better. ESPN definitely seems to be improving. Yeah they are still pushing the SEC, but at least they aren't totally negative on everyone else. Last year they couldn't talk about B1G in a positive light until OSU and MSU showed that the B1G isn't that far behind. I haven't seen anyone push for 4 SEC teams in the playoff yet. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

I think the next improvement they need to make is Gameday's location. Stop hitting the same spot over and over. I don't think it even needs to go to the biggest games of the weekend. Start going to good atmospheres and good rivalry matchups. It would make the show much more interesting to watch.

Consistent success biases most sports analysts to believe in your product if there is limited evidence (wins and losses early in the season) to the contrary. Vegas, too. And Vegas hates to be wrong.

If there is any angst or irritation it should be directed at Maryland, Rutgers and Minnesota right now. The B1G ten needs to take care of its own business.

At this very moment, the ESPN college football page as 1 SEC story in the top 8 stories at the top. The Fox Sports college football page has 4 SEC stories in their top 10 headlines.

ESPN is biased against the SEC!!!!111!!!11!1

Here? LINK I count five SEC stories on Fox's front page. And three of them are unfavorable. :dunno:

I remember Colin Cowherd addressing ESPN pimping the SEC (it's on youtube somewhere) and he basically said why would ESPN show preference to the SEC when the SEC fan base is spread out over a most rural area. So what makes better business sense - backing a conference in a mostly rural (and some would say poorer area of the country) but a region dedicated to following CFB or the B1G with large national alumni bases, likely wealthier alumni and fan bases and cover a more populated region with many large metro areas although those metro areas share followings with pro sports, arts cultural, etc?

I remember Colin Cowherd addressing ESPN pimping the SEC (it's on youtube somewhere) and he basically said why would ESPN show preference to the SEC when the SEC fan base is spread out over a most rural area. So what makes better business sense - backing a conference in a mostly rural (and some would say poorer area of the country) but a region dedicated to following CFB or the B1G with large national alumni bases, likely wealthier alumni and fan bases and cover a more populated region with many large metro areas although those metro areas share followings with pro sports, arts cultural, etc?

Cowherd is not making a very good point. This is the same argument some people have about why Nebraska shouldn't matter. - and yet we still do. Geographic and economic arguments about what SHOULD be important fall apart when people move the needle through sheer will and passion for the game. Colin needs to stop looking at economics and start paying attention to how many website hits and fan call-ins he gets. Passion is hard to quantify.

With that having been said... I still think the onus is on us to stay relevant, not complain about the SEC.

• 3 weeks later...