Where is Adam Taylor?

Another reason why Flexbone and or Troy Calhoun's offense would utilize every RB we have. Every single recruited RB would see the the field and our walk on's would provide decent depth. Instead, we are featuring 1 RB and giving no one else any time. I guess I don't believe in having anyone tote the rock 30 times a game. Stat totals wouldn't be there but it's a damn team game. The score is all that matter, and team stats. I hate individual stats.

A Backs - Wilbon, Stevenson, Newby, Taylor, Nelson

B Backs - Cross, and Ozigbo, Nabity

Regardless, it's pretty well known and assumed that Riley isn't going to coach more than 5-7 years. By then, we'll have his system in place, and then we'll move to a new coach because he retired, and if it's not Langsdorf....then we have to go through the growing pains of putting a new system in place. If Riley can't make things happen I fear that NU is 10 years away from being a contender of any kind.

So, here's hoping we get some great OLine developed and find some elite DB's because those are the 2 main pieces to making this work from what I see.

What worries me is the bolded. It appears our OL won't rotate. Why practice of you are not getting into the game. Why commit to NU as an OL if it appears the starters will be the only ones to get playing time. How do we develop depth, competition and experience if no one else gets in. I know its only game 2, but we go from like 5 backs getting carries to really only one. Cross came in as Newby tapped himself out....

I understand the need to get guys reps and let guys gel, but I would still like to see more guys getting playing time. Especially 38-3....

• Fire 2

He's not good enough to play running back ahead of our other running backs. Why is this so hard to understand for some people?

Based on what I saw of him in HS, I find that hard to believe. Regardless, when we have a lead that big other guys need some PT. Once conference play starts they likely won't get a chance.

Last week, we split up the carries too much, and didn't run the ball well. This week, we featured a single back, ran all over the place, and now we didn't spread the love.

The last staff was said to have jumbled the OL too much, the new staff is accused of sticking with the starters far too long.

Since we upgraded every single coaching position, maybe we should trust the new guys a bit?

Or maybe... fans just like to complain, because in the end, we don't really know anything.

• Fire 6

Another reason why Flexbone and or Troy Calhoun's offense would utilize every RB we have. Every single recruited RB would see the the field and our walk on's would provide decent depth. Instead, we are featuring 1 RB and giving no one else any time. I guess I don't believe in having anyone tote the rock 30 times a game. Stat totals wouldn't be there but it's a damn team game. The score is all that matter, and team stats. I hate individual stats.

A Backs - Wilbon, Stevenson, Newby, Taylor, Nelson

B Backs - Cross, and Ozigbo, Nabity

Regardless, it's pretty well known and assumed that Riley isn't going to coach more than 5-7 years. By then, we'll have his system in place, and then we'll move to a new coach because he retired, and if it's not Langsdorf....then we have to go through the growing pains of putting a new system in place. If Riley can't make things happen I fear that NU is 10 years away from being a contender of any kind.

So, here's hoping we get some great OLine developed and find some elite DB's because those are the 2 main pieces to making this work from what I see.

What worries me is the bolded. It appears our OL won't rotate. Why practice of you are not getting into the game. Why commit to NU as an OL if it appears the starters will be the only ones to get playing time. How do we develop depth, competition and experience if no one else gets in. I know its only game 2, but we go from like 5 backs getting carries to really only one. Cross came in as Newby tapped himself out....

I understand the need to get guys reps and let guys gel, but I would still like to see more guys getting playing time. Especially 38-3....

The recruiting thing is what it will hurt. Regardless of the position. I know I use Oregon as an example a ton, but they play a ton of guys on both sides of the ball every game, regardless of the score.

Even Michigan State last night played 3 RB's in a close game.

Last week, we split up the carries too much, and didn't run the ball well. This week, we featured a single back, ran all over the place, and now we didn't spread the love.

The last staff was said to have jumbled the OL too much, the new staff is accused of sticking with the starters far too long.

Since we upgraded every single coaching position, maybe we should trust the new guys a bit?

Or maybe... fans just like to complain, because in the end, we don't really know anything.

Just depends who you are talking about on the board. I have the same stance on my philosophy no matter what.

We're talking about a game we had in hand though. Not a close game. It's 2 completely different scenario's.

I like rotating OL if they are capable but only for a series here or there, not in regular intervals. RB's I like having it by committee. WR's I like using the whole bunch of them.

On D I think it's extremely important to build "playing depth", and rotate accordingly. That way if you have an injury, the next guy up is only playing half a game instead of a full.

Lol -- yeah, you're right about that. Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Stanton doing well at a school like Fresno State

Johnny Stanton fell a little bit farther than that.

He is now playing for the Saddleback College Gauchos. In his first starting game, against Cerritos, Johnny was 12 for 27 passing, 127 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT.

14 rushing attempts for 71 yards, 2 TDs, 3 fumbles, 1 lost.

Lol -- yeah, you're right about that. Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Stanton doing well at a school like Fresno State

He is now playing for the Saddleback College Gauchos. In his first starting game, against Cerritos, Johnny was 12 for 27 passing, 127 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT.

tumblr_mkf03do0PZ1qe7tljo1_400.gif

• Fire 1

That is probably a junior college. A lot of guys will go that route to get in some real game time, while looking for a 4-year college to transfer to the following season.

That is probably a junior college. A lot of guys will go that route to get in some real game time, while looking for a 4-year college to transfer to the following season.

It is a JUCO, but wow are those some bad numbers...

Not great numbers but he hasn't had many reps the past 3 years. This is a guy who missed most of his senior year of high school due to a torn ACL and then was buried on the depth chart at NU.

Not great numbers but he hasn't had many reps the past 3 years. This is a guy who missed most of his senior year of high school due to a torn ACL and then was buried on the depth chart at NU.

I know all of that, I just think maybe that is a snap shot into why two coaching staffs thought he was our 5th best QB.