Coaching or Talent - which is more responsible

It's coaching. All day it's coaching. Tommy throws off his back foot and can't make it past his first read.

We had Miami tired, you need to piss pound the run with Cross. Fundamentals aren't there.

This is funny. Yeah, I'm sure the coaches are telling him to throw off his back foot and to not go past his first read. Must be coaching. Lol.

It had been for the past 7 years, why change the narrative now?

Good coaching should correct it.

I think it might take more than one offseason and 3 games to break bad habits. As evidenced by Captain Lewis
  • Fire 3

The regression of the secondary is pretty mind boggling

It's really not. It's what happens when you play almost exclusively man-to-man defense all game and do not have a pass rush.

Yep.

Which means that is on the coaching for not seeing it and correcting it. Which they did when they benched Davie. After that we still got burned on a few long balls but not every play like Davie was.

I"m not sure where to look, do they post a stat on who got how many penalties...how many did Lewis get? Anybody know? And how many procedure...too many men, illegal substitution, ect....coaching or learning a new system type of penalties?

He had 4 tonight. I know we had 3 too many men in the backfield, and at least 2 12 men on the field.

4, for a senior captain...ouch. Of course no comparison, but Will Shields played his last 9 year in the Pros with ONE penalty...ONE.

• Fire 1

It's coaching. All day it's coaching. Tommy throws off his back foot and can't make it past his first read.

We had Miami tired, you need to piss pound the run with Cross. Fundamentals aren't there.

This is funny. Yeah, I'm sure the coaches are telling him to throw off his back foot and to not go past his first read. Must be coaching. Lol.

It had been for the past 7 years, why change the narrative now?

Good coaching should correct it.

I think it might take more than one offseason and 3 games to break bad habits. As evidenced by Captain Lewis

Yeha probably cant fix something he's done wrong probably his whole life in a few months considering the coaches cant coach them until certain points during the off season.

It's really not. It's what happens when you play almost exclusively man-to-man defense all game and do not have a pass rush.

Yep.

Which means that is on the coaching for not seeing it and correcting it. Which they did when they benched Davie. After that we still got burned on a few long balls but not every play like Davie was.
Exactly. Once Davie was benched, we out scored them 33-22.

I"m not sure where to look, do they post a stat on who got how many penalties...how many did Lewis get? Anybody know? And how many procedure...too many men, illegal substitution, ect....coaching or learning a new system type of penalties?

He had 4 tonight. I know we had 3 too many men in the backfield, and at least 2 12 men on the field.

4, for a senior captain...ouch. Of course no comparison, but Will Shields played his last 9 year in the Pros with ONE penalty...ONE.

Well coached teams dont have that many penalties.

And no body seems to pull Lewis's head out of his hind quarters to stop with his side of the penalties. Maybe a benching would resolve this or as stated earlier, some running. He doesn't seem to learn and I can pretty much guess he is by far and away the most penalized on this team.

Yep.

They were giving Davie a chance and he failed. Unfortunately Miami was 2/2 on the 1st possessions and built a hole that we couldn't get out of it. I could live with the other plays, they didn't get much after their start. Our pass rush was awful, talent is needed.

I agree well-coached teams have less penalties, but it is also hard to break certain habits. From what I've heard, MR's teams have had many penalties in the past. It can also be a sign of an aggressive team, but ours tonight we're not aggressive penalties. Hopefully he can fix all these illegal formation, and other penalties before the ball is snapped. Those are coachable and need to be fixed soon.

I agree well-coached teams have less penalties, but it is also hard to break certain habits. From what I've heard, MR's teams have had many penalties in the past. It can also be a sign of an aggressive team, but ours tonight we're not aggressive penalties. Hopefully he can fix all these illegal formation, and other penalties before the ball is snapped. Those are coachable and need to be fixed soon.

I was disappointed in the number of penalties as well. However, the refs seemed to be real sticklers for proper formations compared to usual.

It isn't coaching now, but it was before? Got it.
  • Fire 4

The results don't lie. Neither does the eye test.

Tommy is fighter and warrior. He has heart for miles and I love him for it. However, his decision making and technique isn't there. These coaches either need to establish the run game or change to a QB that can go through progression.

Tommy is fighter and warrior. He has heart for miles and I love him for it. However, his decision making and technique isn't there. These coaches either need to establish the run game or change to a QB that can go through progression.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I felt Tommy played fairly well today. Good throws and decision-making for the most part. If his last pass wasn't under thrown, would you be blaming his decision making?

I hope we see more runs from him. Utilize his strengths more.

Yeah, didn't y'all know? Darlington definitely would have won the game for us! Just as easy as putting in the 3rd string quarterback.