Freedom!

Mavric

When jack gangwish returns, does Freedom revert back to being a backup?

Somebody else needs to start getting to the quarterback because our secondary is being asked to cover guys for a boxer 10 count every snap.

How many captains at Nebraska have not been starters? I think that is what might happen with Gangwish

I think there's a place for both. D-line is the one place it makes sense to substitute liberally. Maybe more so on the interior. But it seems like it'd help to have fresh legs on the outside too.

Maybe I'm on crack for thinking this, but wouldn't we want him on the interior until we can get some semblance of a linebacker corps going again?

And I agree that Freedom and Gangwish should be on the field at the same time. Just not sure how/what roles.

You don't mean Freedom on the inside, do you? Not sure he's suited for that at 255. Gangwish might be a better choice to move inside. He's a bit bigger and stronger. I think the best guy to shift inside might be McMullen. He seems to have the size and strength for it. But we're plenty deep inside, so it really wouldn't add anything. Even so we need waaay more help at DE than DT. :dunno:

Thought I saw Jack listed at 265. Kinda smallish to move inside, and I don't see how you can hang anymore weight on the guy. McMullen going inside makes more sense with Williams and Price graduating this year. Is Maurice a senior?

What are they doing with Stoltenberg now? He seems like he might help out at DE if they don't hang too much weight on the guy. He moved real good for Gretna in HS. I saw he got some mop up plays vs. USA but didn't see what he was lined up as. Anyone seen anything on him?

What are they doing with Stoltenberg now? He seems like he might help out at DE if they don't hang too much weight on the guy. He moved real good for Gretna in HS. I saw he got some mop up plays vs. USA but didn't see what he was lined up as. Anyone seen anything on him?

They moved him to DT. Story was they thought he fit better as a "quicker" DT than at DE.

Long-term that could be. But I'm pretty surprised by that move given our lack of depth/production at DE and relative depth at DT. Might have been able to wait a year on that.

Followed up a 6 tackle, one sack performance with a four tackle, two sack performance. I think we may have something here.

He currently has 14 tackles and 4.0 sacks through four games. One sack per game is awfully good so hopefully he can keep the pressure up.

He obviously sealed the game yesterday but he may have actually saved us. They needed a TD and a two point conversion just to force OT but they were in a pretty good spot with their tall WR single covered down the left side. That was going to be a Hail Mary to the end zone if Freedom gets there another second later.

Nice, just think of his potential with more experience in a couple of years. He could be a game changer.
As long as Banker doesn't put him on the McMullen diet plan.

No doubt that McMullen put on weight during the off season, but where did people get the idea that it was what the coaching staff wanted? Not saying people are wrong, just looking for a quote/article to try and understand.

Nice, just think of his potential with more experience in a couple of years. He could be a game changer.
As long as Banker doesn't put him on the McMullen diet plan.

No doubt that McMullen put on weight during the off season, but where did people get the idea that it was what the coaching staff wanted? Not saying people are wrong, just looking for a quote/article to try and understand.

I think he's just saying he doesn't want Freedom to get fat