How do you see the B1G West after 3 weeks?

Red Five

Not understanding people being scared of Illinois, we beat them 45-14 last year and that program is in disarray.

I don't know about scared, but their offense looks like it can give us fits. Illinois runs a spread and can throw it around a bit. Last year's game we got a bit lucky that their starting QB (Wes Lunt) was out and their backup made his first start. And the interim coach has to be a better head coach than Beckman.

Eh, we'll see. I'd be more worried about their spread offense if it had the athletes to make it productive. This is still a team that has finished near the bottom of the Big 10 in recruiting the last few years and hasn't had a player drafted since 2013

We definitely have a chance as always. Minnesota looked good against TCU. I'm not sure what to think of Colorado St or a 10-7 win over Kent St. Iowa is Iowa, need to see what they can do in coming weeks, Northwestern looks the best, but I don't know if they are the best at the end of the season. Wisconsin's loss doesn't look as good since Ole Miss beat Alabama, glad they are at home. If we can win the Big Ten home games and not fall on the road, it sets up well.

Really looking forward to Michigan State game.

Still taking it one game at a time though for now.

Not understanding people being scared of Illinois, we beat them 45-14 last year and that program is in disarray.

I don't know about scared, but their offense looks like it can give us fits. Illinois runs a spread and can throw it around a bit. Last year's game we got a bit lucky that their starting QB (Wes Lunt) was out and their backup made his first start. And the interim coach has to be a better head coach than Beckman.

Eh, we'll see. I'd be more worried about their spread offense if it had the athletes to make it productive. This is still a team that has finished near the bottom of the Big 10 in recruiting the last few years and hasn't had a player drafted since 2013

I recall people saying the same crap about Minnesota, saying they didn't have a chance in hell, taking Kill's team lightly...and then we've dropped two in a row to them. Hopefully people will remember this before we get the stupid-as-all-hell 'WE'RE GONNA KICK X TEAM'S ASS' threads going this year.

No one is "scared" about Illinois, but we shouldn't take *any* team on this schedule lightly going forward...especially a team that can sling the ball around, athletes or no.

And if there's going to be one that our team loses that comes out of left field...it would be the Illinois or Rutgers game, because their offensive niches are our defensive Achilles heel.

If anything, it's called being pragmatic and realistic based off of the evidence available, not scared.

Alabama did not curb stomp Wisconsin. They were and are dealing with a ton of injuries, yet hung pretty well with the Tide. That said, without their OL and starting tailback, they have emerged as more of a passing threat. I wouldn't count them out to come to Lincoln and beat us.

I am not exactly sure what game you watched but the 35-17 game I watched was a beat down by Alabama. They ran them into the ground. No one is counting them out as far as winning in Lincoln, but they didn't look that good against Alabama.

70-31 was a beat-down. Alabama ran all over Wisconsin's D after their all-conference safety got knocked into the next century. Hard to say where they are without their tailback and we won't know for a few more weeks until they start conference play, but their QB is improving and the receivers have started to step up. Their coach was the architect behind some of their tremendous offenses under that clown in Arkansas. He turned Tolzien into an NFL backup and finished off Wilson's development. Their QB now is a different player than he was last year when he nearly quit after losing the job to their new 2-way threat.

I wouldn't count them out in the West. Definitely a better shot than what we have.