At what point do we stop bringing up Bo to defend Riley?

And the deal is, Bo still had numerous folks still making a laundry list of excuses for him even into last season. I know. I was one of em ip until the mich st game. Then in the games leading up to the wisconsing game in explaining why we had issues and hpw wiscy and minnesota or iowa would beat us i began to catch hell

So if we make excuses for a guy into year 7 why cant this guy get some beyond game 3? And ill answer. Its just straight up bitter bullsh#t. Its bo lovers still mad bo was fired. People that whatever reason over the past 7 became a fan of the coach and not the program. And i still wonder how he became such a polarizing figure.

I said when he was fired wed look back on Pelinis time here as much more damaging to the program than anything callahan and pedesen ever dreamed of. And with each passi g day of witnessing this divided fanbase, it becomes less and less possible to convince me otherwise.

• Fire 6

And the deal is, Bo still had numerous folks still making a laundry list of excuses for him even into last season. I know. I was one of em ip until the mich st game. Then in the games leading up to the wisconsing game in explaining why we had issues and hpw wiscy and minnesota or iowa would beat us i began to catch hell

So if we make excuses for a guy into year 7 why cant this guy get some beyond game 3? And ill answer. Its just straight up bitter bullsh#t. Its bo lovers still mad bo was fired. People that whatever reason over the past 7 became a fan of the coach and not the program. And i still wonder how he became such a polarizing figure.

I said when he was fired wed look back on Pelinis time here as much more damaging to the program than anything callahan and pedesen ever dreamed of. And with each passi g day of witnessing this divided fanbase, it becomes less and less possible to convince me otherwise.

+1

I think a lot of the reason that we (the fan base) are like this is because it has just been too long since we've had anything real to celebrate from the football field. No championships for 15 years. Very few feel good victories. Plenty of feel bad losses. We're just bitter and divided and the only engaging thing seems to be fighting amongst one another. There just has been too little to rally around or celebrate so we take it out on each other. Anyway I think that is some of the reason.

• Fire 2

You can see how Pelini's fanclub flock to these threads. It's comical. They use the disgust people expressed at Bo in his 7TH YEAR after embarrassing Nebraska both on and off the field FOR YEARS, and after hiring his unqualified friends and relatives as assistants, and telling the fans to F%$& off, and poisoning the players, and they're treating Riley's PAST RECORD at a Kansas State-level school as justification to treat Riley with the same contempt people express toward Pelini.

You can't argue with stupid like that. The only solution is to ignore them and hope they get tired and go back to the Youngstown State forums.

And yet, your trying.

When Alex Lewis states that he is done playing for the state of Nebraska! There is a lot of 408 left in this team.

That right there is all you need to know.

What you need to know is that Alex Lewis' problems predates Nebraska and Pelini. Go google Alex Lewis in Colorado.

So this is a prime example of blaming Pelini for something bad that is clearly not his fault.

I think a lot of the reason that we (the fan base) are like this is because it has just been too long since we've had anything real to celebrate from the football field. No championships for 15 years. Very few feel good victories. Plenty of feel bad losses. We're just bitter and divided and the only engaging thing seems to be fighting amongst one another. There just has been too little to rally around or celebrate so we take it out on each other. Anyway I think that is some of the reason.

Agree 100% Things were so good for so long that we have no idea how to act under diress.

Also, someone said something about a 9 win standard. "That was that standard that Bo set" God damn people. Knock that sh#t off. 9 wins is not a standard. It's just a bullsh#t number.

• Fire 1
In what ways other than recruits? And whoever answers, don't get snippy. I'm asking in a polite curious manner... for context

I have seen posts after both losses stating that Pelini and one of his teams would have melted down and lost in even worse fashion.

I have already replied to a post that stated Pelini is responsible for Alex Lewis' behavior.

When Alex Lewis states that he is done playing for the state of Nebraska! There is a lot of 408 left in this team.

What you need to know is that Alex Lewis' problems predates Nebraska and Pelini. Go google Alex Lewis in Colorado.

So this is a prime example of blaming Pelini for something bad that is clearly not his fault.

Pelini brought Lewis to Nebraska. Swing & a miss kimosabe.

"Look, I know we are only 3 games into the Mike Riley tenure, and that Riley is playing with a roster that was put together nearly 100% by Bo and the previous staff. But, at what point do we stop bringing up the negatives of Bo and his staff, just in the effort to defend Mike Riley and his staff?"

Its right there in your first sentence, people will stop bringing bo's name in as soon as people stop attacking Mike Riley after only 3 games!

Or a person is upset that the team has a .33 winning percentage. Sometimes the most obvious answer is the truth. People can be upset about the losses without any ulterior motive.

• Fire 1

Pelini brought Lewis to Nebraska. Swing & a miss kimosabe.

And Pelini brought the "us against the world" mentality too. (Or at least he continued it from Cally)

Pelini brought Lewis to Nebraska. Swing & a miss kimosabe

At what stage is Lewis responsible for his own behavior?

Also, if it was a mistake for Pelini to bring Lewis into the program (and I concede that point after last week), is it also a mistake for Riley to keep him on the team after he quits...and let him remain a captain?