Illinois

They will move the ball on us and they will score points. Illinois has done a great job coming together when Beckman got fired.

I think an x factor will be DPE, as soon as he comes in motion for that jet sweep, they will have to respect it. Could open up some big plays to the opposite side of the field for another burner like Reilly or a run for Tommy

Don't expect DPE to do much in this game other than a cameo appearance every once in a while.

They will move the ball on us and they will score points. Illinois has done a great job coming together when Beckman got fired.

I think an x factor will be DPE, as soon as he comes in motion for that jet sweep, they will have to respect it. Could open up some big plays to the opposite side of the field for another burner like Reilly or a run for Tommy

Don't expect DPE to do much in this game other than a cameo appearance every once in a while.

Yep. Maybe a couple plays here and there to get his feet wet. At the most.

Interesting stat! No "Sea of Red" has engulfed this stadium

UofIllinois_.jpg

Since 1986? So who on here is going to re-christen the place?

What a cute, little stadium.

Funny quote froman Illini message board:

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question that I've just been oblivious to, but are Nebraska fans known to travel really well? All I'm hearing about is how I should be worried that half of Memorial Stadium is going to be red on Saturday

:D

I don't have a link, but in a recent press conference the ill coach said 3 things that made me happy.

Paraphrasing:

With injuries to starting TE's the WRs have had to stay in all game and they are getting tired by end of the game.

Something about the OL getting tired from run blocking all game

In his system the WR usually don't get it until halfway through the season.

WTF? He just admitted they have a conditioning problem and an overly complex offense?

Yep. Maybe a couple plays here and there to get his feet wet. At the most.

I was guessing around 5-10 depending on how he handles practice. At minimum it will give Wisconsin something to think about.

Personally I will be really disappointed if Nebraska doesn't win this game by at least 14. I just don't think they are very good. After they won their first 2 games I sat down and watched them play at N. Carolina, it could be have been a bad day, but they really didn't look that good. Thy lost 42-14 and the game was never really close. N. Carolina is a very average team, that I think Nebraska should beat. They barely beat Middle Tennessee St. at home last Saturday.

IMO they got a boost from Beckman getting fired and played pretty well against 2 inferior teams to start the season. I think the reality is beginning to set in on them.

• Fire 2