7 TDs

Passing:

971 yards

100-170-3 Comp-Attempts-INT

242.8 yards per game

8 TDs

Total offense:

404 yards per game

Passing the ball 51.5% of the time with a 58% completion rate and 3 INTs.

Their running game is averaging over 4 yards per attempt.

• Fire 1

Here's my summary from what I've seen and read.

Illinois had looked pretty good in their first 2 games against cupcakes, then got blown out by North Carolina (who use the same pass D scheme we used to). Last week, they struggled with Middle Tennessee State, after MTSU had a big 4th quarter, but the Illini hit a FG with 2 minutes left to win by 2. Lunt can throw, they're ok at running the ball, and the RB will get some passes.

Tommy should be able to have a big day in the air, and on the ground.

Does everybody just expect an offensive shootout? I can't see us stopping them, and I don't think they can stop us. Time of possession could be important. Whoever has the ball last and whoever has the better FG kicker kind of game?

I think that we slow them down...I could see them getting in the low 30's...I think we are in the 40's.

Does everybody just expect an offensive shootout? I can't see us stopping them, and I don't think they can stop us. Time of possession could be important. Whoever has the ball last and whoever has the better FG kicker kind of game?

I think that we slow them down...I could see them getting in the low 30's...I think we are in the 40's.

I like your thoughts there, I'm kind of in line with that. Key is converting those FG's to TD's in the redzone. Which, if you saw the stat repeatedly Saturday, we've actually been kicking ass at putting the ball in the end zone when we get in the redzone. Until Saturday........

We change that, we are good again IMO.

We're gonna need our offense. Period.

We are so beat up and to be blunt, we've got a few guys out there that I am in amazement they're even playing.......and one of those guys is going to be abused in the upcoming games.

This game probably won't be much different than the Southern Miss game. Nebraska by 10-14, presuming we convert a couple of what were Field Goals last week into touchdowns this week.

Of course, if we figure out what's been plaguing us on those fade patterns, or Lunt is just off target that day, Nebraska could win by three or four scores. On the flip side, if Lunt has the game of his life and we can't cash in on TD opportunities, I suppose we could lose this game.

This game probably won't be much different than the Southern Miss game. Nebraska by 10-14, presuming we convert a couple of what were Field Goals last week into touchdowns this week.

Of course, if we figure out what's been plaguing us on those fade patterns, or Lunt is just off target that day, Nebraska could win by three or four scores. On the flip side, if Lunt has the game of his life and we can't cash in on TD opportunities, I suppose we could lose this game.

Well, we're 3-for-4 so far this year on letting opposing QBs have the "game of their life" (from a passing yardage standpoint) so ........

• Fire 1

This is one of those games (the other being Purdue) where it would have been nice if Riley could have established the running game more effectively with this team. Because a steady diet of running the ball would do wonders to chew up clock and shorten this game, thus taking Illinois' offense off the field and reducing their ability to keep this game close.

They will move the ball on us and they will score points. Illinois has done a great job coming together when Beckman got fired.

I think an x factor will be DPE, as soon as he comes in motion for that jet sweep, they will have to respect it. Could open up some big plays to the opposite side of the field for another burner like Reilly or a run for Tommy