Nebraska Away/Road Uniforms - What is your preference?

The Duke

Preferred Away Uniforms  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Over the last several years, and especially over the last two seasons we have seen Nebraska slightly shift from their traditional road uniforms of white jerseys and red pants, for the all white look, which is nearly identical to Wisconsin's road uniforms.

So I thought it would be interesting to get the pulse of Huskerboard to see what we all prefer as Nebraska's road uniform.

I only listed two options to keep it simple. Add your comments below if you want traditional road uniforms all the time, or all-white uniforms all the time, or just for certain games.

TRADITIONAL ROAD UNIFORMS

tommie_frazier_1992_11_01.jpgTommy+Armstrong+Jr+Nebraska+v+Purdue+rhi

ALL-WHITE ALTERNATE ROAD UNIFORMS

TommyArmstrong3NebraskaIconWire.jpg

For reference purposes only...here is Wisconsin's traditional road uniforms:

459977625-wisconsin-quarterback-joel-sta

I voted traditional because that's what I would prefer most games. But, I'm perfectly fine with the all Whites every once in a while.

I'm somewhat the same way. I don't mind the all-whites maybe once a year.

I would prefer though when we are the away team that we would stick to the traditional look when we play in the big games, especially against other teams with classic looks such as USC last bowl season or Miami this year.

I hate the white shoes... Like the black shoes much more...

I was going to ask about people's preference on shoe color.

I think the white is cool, makes the team look fast, and is a call back to when I first started watching the Huskers as a kid in the 1980s.

However, the most successful NU teams in my lifetime have worn black shoes. Black shoes tend to make the team look "slower", but they convey an aura of toughness.

Myself, I am torn and don't know if I have a preference.

• Fire 1

Early 2000's away. Red pants, high socks...loved the socks for some reason.

51afa9c918d50.image.jpg

I've said it many MANY times on this board, that in my opinion the 2001 uniforms are the best uniforms in Nebraska's history.

Simple. Classic.

I am a big "sock" guy, but I didn't like how the teams wore the socks all the way to the top of the uniform. I just thought it was too "uniform" and odd looking across the whole team.

One thing i do wish is that they said Nebraska across the front or Huskers...

I wouldn't mind, but not "Huskers". Nebraska is the CORNHUSKERS!! I hate how it's become Huskers in common use. It's not the Nebraska Huskers, it's the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

Says the guy posting on HuskerBoard, rather than CornhuskerBoard. ;)