If we go 0-5 in October, should the A.D. and coaching staff be flushed so we can get a jump on any good coaches that become available in Nov. & Dec.?

I don't care about the past staff but i am very concerned about the game management and lack of progress on both sides of the ball. This staff has many years of experience coaching football and can't or won't run the ball to take time off the clock. The BIG is an old school football conference. This is due to the weather in October, November in the midwest. We all know you need to run the ball and put a D on the field that can stop the run. What happened to we are going to play to the strength of the players in the program? I don't think this staff understands what it takes to win in the BID 10 conference.

I don't care about the past staff but i am very concerned about the game management and lack of progress on both sides of the ball. This staff has many years of experience coaching football and can't or won't run the ball to take time off the clock. The BIG is an old school football conference. This is due to the weather in October, November in the midwest. We all know you need to run the ball and put a D on the field that can stop the run. What happened to we are going to play to the strength of the players in the program? I don't think this staff understands what it takes to win in the BID 10 conference.

Yep...pretty simple concepts here that you would think they would have discussed at length before offering this guy his contract.

A lot of these posts, numerous ones are from people that just opened accounts today or yesterday. Negative, trying to start problems. Give them a week before they can start threads, I think it has been discussed before.

Look down the list, 1 post, 3 posts on and on.

I have been over the forum for quite awhile. So I will conduct myself properly Zoogs, really don't care if I can post or not. But I think Eric and the rest of the mods should start worrying about keeping people on the site than just getting flashers that come to start problems.

I have spent a lot of money to support this site. I am done doing that.

I'm with skersfan. So much so, I logged back into this site just to express this.

A lot of these posts, numerous ones are from people that just opened accounts today or yesterday. Negative, trying to start problems. Give them a week before they can start threads, I think it has been discussed before.

Look down the list, 1 post, 3 posts on and on.

I have been over the forum for quite awhile. So I will conduct myself properly Zoogs, really don't care if I can post or not. But I think Eric and the rest of the mods should start worrying about keeping people on the site than just getting flashers that come to start problems.

I have spent a lot of money to support this site. I am done doing that.

I'm with skersfan. So much so, I logged back into this site just to express this.

Thanks for sharing :leghump:

If we do that, good luck finding a coach that would want anything to do with this place.

Blah blah blah. Worst argument there is. Everybody knows the total disaster which is Nebraska football at the current moment. Pay the $ and a coach will come.

No they wont and you are delusional if you think so. There is a reason we didn't get a top coach when Solich got canned and it has been well documented.

Solich got canned after a winning season...apples and oranges here.

And that is the exact reason we couldn't get Urban here. He came out and said it.

If we fire Riley. We will have to pay ridiculous money to get a top proven coach and even that would be if we are lucky. Do you think a Richt, Whittingham, Johnson or who ever would seriously leave their current jobs to come here for a raise and the chance to get fired after a year. Personally, I don't.

Look, everyone is hurting here!

I do not agree with those who take joy in posting negatively just to get a rise out of the masses but then again, the way things work in our democracy is, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Best option for all of us who don't like this type of posting is to look away and not feed the issue or give those who are determined to get our goat, the time of day!

If things continue down this same path, I will most likely have to remove myself from posting or reading post for the season. I feel crappy enough already, I sure as heck don't need my nose rubbed in the sh*t just for the sake of being on any board. We have some solid posters, we have some "mega Kool-aid drinkers" and we have some "the sky is falling posters". Can't ban people who have a difference of opinion for that reason alone but Zoogs, if you look at some of the opening post by some of the new members, you can identify those who crawled out from beneath the baseboard and are keying on "Getting a rise" out of spewing their crap without any desire to add to this boards quality. You and the mods are the only ones who can measure ones value to the board and have to make those calls. I know, preaching to the choir.

I'm am done with the rant.

Are you some 'board authority' or enforcer of board etiquette'?

I realize there are rules, and the board does have mods, but this comes across as a child pouting to his mom because we have posters who don't post/haven't posted as much starting threads and posting things you don't like.

Is there some rule on this board I missed about when you are allowed to make certain posts on here? Or a certain 'status' or posting number you must reach before you are allowed to post about certain topics?

This is a football fan message board for a team that has a rabid fanbase.

Feel free to check out any other fan message board for teams that have rabid followings, and let me know what you see. This one is actually quite mild in comparison.

Bottom line: THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE DO ON SITES LIKE THESE.

If that is too much for you to handle, then why bother?

HAI

scottfrost.jpg

If Scott Frost wasn't a former Husker almost no one would be talking about him on this board. I don't see what substantiates him as a sincere head coaching candidate at Nebraska other than he "knows the program." His résumé is good enough to get a head coaching spot at a mid-to-lower tier football program at best and that's impossible to debate.

If any of you really want a coach that can take Nebraska to level the fans clearly want then Scott Frost is probably not the right answer as he is a massive gamble.

• Fire 2

HAI

scottfrost.jpg

If Scott Frost wasn't a former Husker almost no one would be talking about him on this board. I don't see what substantiates him as a sincere head coaching candidate at Nebraska other than he "knows the program." His résumé is good enough to get a head coaching spot at a mid-to-lower tier football program at best and that's impossible to debate.

If any of you really want a coach that can take Nebraska to level the fans clearly want then Scott Frost is probably not the right answer as he is a massive gamble.

Riley is a massive gamble, take a number.

• Fire 2

HAI

scottfrost.jpg

Every coach is a gamble. Some just have a little more experience which makes it a little safer bet.

HAI

scottfrost.jpg

An unproven coordinator with zero head coaching experience is a substantially bigger gamble than Mike Riley no matter how you slice it. That's a ridiculous and foolish response.

The original point still stands, as well - if he hadn't gone to Nebraska, almost no one would be talking about him here.

Depending on his DC, I seriously doubt we'd be 2-3 with Frost at the helm. Now, you can make the point that it's easy to say that now as opposed to January, but GOING FORWARD...bring the golden boy home and let's GET BACK

Scott Frost could one day be a really good head coach, but outside of his affiliation with Nebraska, why should he be a head coach here? Many fans weren't happy with Pelini's background when he was hired - Frost's isn't better. Frost has no head coaching experience - Riley beats him there. And what if Frost didn't bring a proven or even well-known DC?

Given everything this fan base has gone through from Callahan, to Pelini and now Riley, I'm genuinely shocked some are still willing to hand over the keys to someone whose coaching pedigree isn't even has good as Pelini's.