Shawn Eichorst

ndobney

Why does everyone gloss over Tom Osborne as AD? It's not like he went out and did a thorough search of the best possible coach we could get.

Uh oh, you went there. If we're keeping score, he chose two for us. It really would be interesting to know where we'd be today had $ Byrne gotten to hire the coach he wanted to.

Why does everyone gloss over Tom Osborne as AD? It's not like he went out and did a thorough search of the best possible coach we could get.

While you are correct, his two hires were head and shoulders above the 2 he didn't hire.

And you are correct as well. but we are no further ahead either way.

7 straight 9/10-4 seasons nets you just as many conference and national championships as 5-7 or worse seasons.

It is true. There is no way Riley is fired after this season.

However, Riley most certainely can just retire after this season. I am sure Riley is not use to this heat he is getting, he is probably mind blown at the fact he is getting so much heat 5 games into the season for losing. A 2-3 record at Oregon State and no one says a word, because no one cares.

And he may retire. You look at the heat he is getting just 5 games into the season, the fact that his demeanor on the sidelines is a "I dont really care" Seriously, his headset mic is never down, it's always up. Reminds me of Brady Hoke at Michigan not even wearing a head set. And his hands are always in his sweat shirt pockets as he just strolls the sidelines, talking to no one, coaching no one.

It isn't a fire Riley movement that will get things going, because firing a coach after 1 season just wont happen. a Retire Riley movement is more fitting.

• Fire 1

While you are correct, his two hires were head and shoulders above the 2 he didn't hire.

7 straight 9/10-4 seasons nets you just as many conference and national championships as 5-7 or worse seasons.

Again correct, but those 5-7 or worse seasons put you further away from championships and drop us farther into obscurity.

I think that TO realizes that those 9 and 10 win seasons aren't as easy to come by or as irrelevant as some fans think they are.

• Fire 1

Again correct, but those 5-7 or worse seasons put you further away from championships and drop is farther into obscurity.

I think that TO realizes that those 9 and 10 win seasons aren't as easy to come by as some fans think they are.

There was nothing that Pelini did prior to being hired that would suggest he would be any better at getting to 9 or more wins.

Again correct, but those 5-7 or worse seasons put you further away from championships and drop is farther into obscurity.

I think that TO realizes that those 9 and 10 win seasons aren't as easy to come by as some fans think they are.

There was nothing that Pelini did prior to being hired that would suggest he would be any better at getting to 9 or more wins.

The same could be said about many or even most coaches. Our current one included.

I think the point is that Harvey put his trust in a lawyer to hire a football coach. Who is now 0 for 2 doing it unless you think Golden is a great hire at Miami. So now both Harvey and Eichorst need to be fired. Does that help clear it up?

FWIW.....SE did not hire Golden. Golden was already there when SE got the AD job at Miami. and Harvey is already retiring in a few months anyway so doubt he gets fired early.

However, Riley most certainely can just retire after this season. I am sure Riley is not use to this heat he is getting, he is probably mind blown at the fact he is getting so much heat 5 games into the season for losing. A 2-3 record at Oregon State and no one says a word, because no one cares.

And he may retire. You look at the heat he is getting just 5 games into the season, the fact that his demeanor on the sidelines is a "I dont really care" Seriously, his headset mic is never down, it's always up. Reminds me of Brady Hoke at Michigan not even wearing a head set. And his hands are always in his sweat shirt pockets as he just strolls the sidelines, talking to no one, coaching no one.

It isn't a fire Riley movement that will get things going, because firing a coach after 1 season just wont happen. a Retire Riley movement is more fitting.

That would be wonderful (retirement), and would take care of the contract buyout problem.

That would be wonderful (retirement), and would take care of the contract buyout problem.

As great as that sounds, no way ( barring health concerns) that he walks away from this golden parachute that Shawn gave him.

If he did that, I'd be even dumber than the final 2 minutes last Saturday.

Eichorst wanted to hire a coach as quickly as possible so he could put the Athletics Department back on autopilot before the Christmas party circuit was in full swing last year. He also has his eyes set on being the Wisconsin AD when Alvarez retires, so he's just marking time here...and Perleman is okay with that, so I believe nothing gets better until he Perleman leaves.

Think Wiscy would be interested in an even swap? A one-for-one?