Shawn Eichorst

ndobney

I remember suggesting that we see how Riley does winning games before we anoint him the next best thing.

Nebraska getting rid of Bo doesn't seem like such a great move now. If you listen to Nick Saban with the press

conference today - he sounds a lot like Bo. But at least we did get a NICE coach.

giphy.gif

• Fire 1

I remember suggesting that we see how Riley does winning games before we anoint him the next best thing.

Nebraska getting rid of Bo doesn't seem like such a great move now. If you listen to Nick Saban with the press

conference today - he sounds a lot like Bo. But at least we did get a NICE coach.

When you win championships, you get leeway. Like going off at press conferences, hand picking your successor,recruit murderers, letting one of your assistants assault little boys in the shower.....

When you win championships, you get leeway. Like going off at press conferences, hand picking your successor,recruit murderers, letting one of your assistants assault little boys in the shower.....

I guess I was raised that wrong is wrong, regardless of whether you're nice or a jerk.

No wonder why the world is in the condition it's in.

if that is so obvious....why didn't he fire bo when bo dared him to fire him after that Iowa game?

Because he couldn't. Dr. Tom went to the Board of Regents and several of the large boosters and convinced them to back Pelini. Also when Osborne found out that Harvey was conducting a search for his replacement without his knowledge or input he gave Pelini a fat contract extension and raise to help buy him some time hoping he would win a conference title so that it would be nearly impossible for Harvey to get rid of him. For those of you that don't think Eichorst was brought it to fire Bo stop kidding yourself. That was his only job. Harvey wanted Bo gone after the Texas A&M game. Is it really that far fetched to think that Harvey was the person behind the leaked audio after the Ohio St game? The sooner we can get Harvey and Eichorst out of here the better it will be.

This to me is very plausible.

Except that he's not even close to the worst coach in Nebraska history. Come on Radio!

13 of the worst coached games in Nebraska football history, Facts are Facts! Callahan/ Cosgrove wasn't near that bad.

As for Riley, the Illinois game would not even be a blip on the radar of worst coached games.

Except that he's not even close to the worst coach in Nebraska history. Come on Radio!

13 of the worst coached games in Nebraska football history, Facts are Facts! Callahan/ Cosgrove wasn't near that bad.

As for Riley, the Illinois game would not even be a blip on the radar of worst coached games.

"Facts" without any context. Every offensive category rose significantly across the nation during Bo's tenure. In the case of the stat used specifically in that chart, the ten highest yards per play averages have occurred during the last ten years.

To truly illustrate the point of that chart one must account for offensive inflation.

"Facts" without any context. Every offensive category rose significantly across the nation during Bo's tenure. In the case of the stat used specifically in that chart, the ten highest yards per play averages have occurred during the last ten years.

To truly illustrate the point of that chart one must account for offensive inflation.

Average at best offensively and sometimes terrible, very, very terrible at defense. Everybody constantly bitched about Watson and Beck. No real progress there

The biggest difference I see between our new defense and our defense under Bo is that are panties are down every week now. I'm thinking Jim Tressel disagrees with you but I'm sure he doesn't know as much about football as you do does he Radio. Didn't take Bo long to get Youngstown state headed in the right direction did it.

if that is so obvious....why didn't he fire bo when bo dared him to fire him after that Iowa game?

Because he couldn't. Dr. Tom went to the Board of Regents and several of the large boosters and convinced them to back Pelini. Also when Osborne found out that Harvey was conducting a search for his replacement without his knowledge or input he gave Pelini a fat contract extension and raise to help buy him some time hoping he would win a conference title so that it would be nearly impossible for Harvey to get rid of him. For those of you that don't think Eichorst was brought it to fire Bo stop kidding yourself. That was his only job. Harvey wanted Bo gone after the Texas A&M game. Is it really that far fetched to think that Harvey was the person behind the leaked audio after the Ohio St game? The sooner we can get Harvey and Eichorst out of here the better it will be.

This to me is very plausible.

This is pretty much my understanding. Other things happened, too, but this is a, good summary.

Average at best offensively and sometimes terrible, very, very terrible at defense. Everybody constantly bitched about Watson and Beck. No real progress there

I don't see how this reply is relevant to the post it's replying to. He's saying to judge a defense you have to account for the fact that teams are getting more yards (on average, against all teams) than ever before. So lining up a current coach's defensive stats to someone else's from the 90s/80s/70s isn't telling the whole story.

I don't see how this reply is relevant to the post it's replying to. He's saying to judge a defense you have to account for the fact that teams are getting more yards (on average, against all teams) than ever before. So lining up a current coach's defensive stats to someone else's from the 90s/80s/70s isn't telling the whole story.

You are right, I read it wrong. but I would say that Callahan/Cosgrove went against better offensive teams than 408. So I don't think that is relevant other than 408 couldn't stop the run and the record clearly shows that he had worse defensive teams and coach poorly thoughout his career. I stated earlier that I believe it was Carl that should get credit for the first few years of good defense, he improved players, 408 clearly did not.