Shawn Eichorst

ndobney

Except that he's not even close to the worst coach in Nebraska history. Come on Radio!

13 of the worst coached games in Nebraska football history, Facts are Facts! Callahan/ Cosgrove wasn't near that bad.

As for Riley, the Illinois game would not even be a blip on the radar of worst coached games.

"Facts" without any context. Every offensive category rose significantly across the nation during Bo's tenure. In the case of the stat used specifically in that chart, the ten highest yards per play averages have occurred during the last ten years.

To truly illustrate the point of that chart one must account for offensive inflation.

Average at best offensively and sometimes terrible, very, very terrible at defense. Everybody constantly bitched about Watson and Beck. No real progress there

I don't see how this reply is relevant to the post it's replying to. He's saying to judge a defense you have to account for the fact that teams are getting more yards (on average, against all teams) than ever before. So lining up a current coach's defensive stats to someone else's from the 90s/80s/70s isn't telling the whole story.

You are right, I read it wrong. but I would say that Callahan/Cosgrove went against better offensive teams than 408. So I don't think that is relevant other than 408 couldn't stop the run and the record clearly shows that he had worse defensive teams and coach poorly thoughout his career. I stated earlier that I believe it was Carl that should get credit for the first few years of good defense, he improved players, 408 clearly did not.

Then he should get the credit for hiring a competent DC, something that our current coach with boat loads of experienced didn't do.

Except that he's not even close to the worst coach in Nebraska history. Come on Radio!

13 of the worst coached games in Nebraska football history, Facts are Facts! Callahan/ Cosgrove wasn't near that bad.

As for Riley, the Illinois game would not even be a blip on the radar of worst coached games.

"Facts" without any context. Every offensive category rose significantly across the nation during Bo's tenure. In the case of the stat used specifically in that chart, the ten highest yards per play averages have occurred during the last ten years.

To truly illustrate the point of that chart one must account for offensive inflation.

Average at best offensively and sometimes terrible, very, very terrible at defense. Everybody constantly bitched about Watson and Beck. No real progress there

I don't see how this reply is relevant to the post it's replying to. He's saying to judge a defense you have to account for the fact that teams are getting more yards (on average, against all teams) than ever before. So lining up a current coach's defensive stats to someone else's from the 90s/80s/70s isn't telling the whole story.

You are right, I read it wrong. but I would say that Callahan/Cosgrove went against better offensive teams than 408. So I don't think that is relevant other than 408 couldn't stop the run and the record clearly shows that he had worse defensive teams and coach poorly thoughout his career. I stated earlier that I believe it was Carl that should get credit for the first few years of good defense, he improved players, 408 clearly did not.

Then he should get the credit for hiring a competent DC, something that our current coach with boat loads of experienced didn't do.

Shaky start but it is yet to be determined, but yes, I do think Carl was pretty good at his job, to bad he did not leave the women and the cameramen alone.

carl was a good DC. Train wreck off the field, allegedly. But a good DC

How many head coaches in college football history have never won less than 9 games in a season?

Answer: 2. Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini

Keep 'em coming, Radar!

Is winning 9 games all we really want?? Because that was pretty much the roof for Bo even with one of the best defenses in school history with maybe the best defensive player that ever suited up for Nebraska.

• Fire 1

How many head coaches in college football history have never won less than 9 games in a season?

Answer: 2. Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini

Keep 'em coming, Radar!

Is winning 9 games all we really want?? Because that was pretty much the roof for Bo even with one of the best defenses in school history with maybe the best defensive player that ever suited up for Nebraska.

9 wins? I would be happy to become bowl eligible this year.

That Iowa win was nothing to celebrate. They were not a powerful team last year. In seven years, where Bo got Nebraska was an Iowa-caliber program on the decline, thanks to roster issues that were coming to the fore. Both programs needed to make changes. It seems like Iowa did, because their coach embraced change.

Maybe they'll have another spell as they did in 2002-2004, but these are outlying blips in Kirk Ferentz's career there. That's okay. They're really happy with that, I'm sure; they are after all Iowa.

Ok, this is just a tad off topic, but the tool here is Harvey Pearlman. He is the one who hired Pederson, fired his a$$ then brought in Tom to fix his mess. Then Tom retires, Pearlman (never one to learn from past mistakes) goes out and hires Pederson part II.

Pearlman is the one who single-handedly brought down a very proud football program. he is the one that needs to be released from his position at NU.

Ok, this is just a tad off topic, but the tool here is Harvey Pearlman. He is the one who hired Pederson, fired his a$$ then brought in Tom to fix his mess. Then Tom retires, Pearlman (never one to learn from past mistakes) goes out and hires Pederson part II.Pearlman is the one who single-handedly brought down a very proud football program. he is the one that needs to be released from his position at NU.

While, Harv certainly takes some blame, I'd put much of that on the formation of the big 12. That was one of the 2 reasons why TO actually retired.

That Iowa win was nothing to celebrate. They were not a powerful team last year. In seven years, where Bo got Nebraska was an Iowa-caliber program on the decline, thanks to roster issues that were coming to the fore. Both programs needed to make changes. It seems like Iowa did, because their coach embraced change.Maybe they'll have another spell as they did in 2002-2004, but these are outlying blips in Kirk Ferentz's career there. That's okay. They're really happy with that, I'm sure; they are after all Iowa.

I'd rather celebrate a win than a loss. I know I may be in the minority.

And can we please quit with the narrative that this program was in some sort of out of control downward spiral.

To compete with the elite, we need better athletes. But this team is the most talented in the west. The BTN guys and recruiting rankings back this up. The only team we've played this far that may be more talented was Miami.