How Could Nebraska Beat Wisconsin?

Bowfin

After watching the Iowa vs Wisconsin game how many can sit there and say that Wisconsin scares you? Same could be said about Illinois but the odds of Tommy having another terrible day are hopefully not very good. I'm feeling a bounce back week if the OC can stay out of his own way.

Wisky's defense is legit, and if Langsdorf uses the same gameplan, we'll lose 21-0.

After watching the Iowa vs Wisconsin game how many can sit there and say that Wisconsin scares you? Same could be said about Illinois but the odds of Tommy having another terrible day are hopefully not very good. I'm feeling a bounce back week if the OC can stay out of his own way.

The odds are very high that Tommy has a terrible game considering last year he was 6/18 passing. Wisconsin's defensive coordinator brings some nasty blitz packages, their defense should be able to win them the game. Also the fact that Wisconsin has given us some of the most embarrassing losses in school history is reason enough to be scared.

1. Take what the defense gives you on each play.

2. Tell Tommy his does not need to "hit a home run" every play

The problem is we see more and more teams jump the underneath routes leaving the home run balls as an option. It's no secret to any of us that Tommy is not very accurate throwing the ball deep.

We can see the effect in the third down conversion rate the last three games:

6/15, 4/13, 4/17

More and more of this will go on as we get deeper into conference play. Early opponents had at least some doubt as to which set of previous years tapes to concentrate on, but it's pretty easy now to decipher the base principles of this offense.

How do you win the game? You win it in B1G fashion. You run the ball, play action pass and play sound defense. This is not a vintage Wisconsin team. They play good defense, but there wins are against inferior opponents just like Nebraska's wins are.

I will not be surprised either way in this game. This game could go either way. I think it comes down to who wants it more. Wisconsin typically doesn't play as well on the road. So we will see.

Humble pie. Wisky lost to Iowa, who is undefeated. They actually might have a legit Defense. Offense is horrible, but good, solid Defense. Wisky has played better teams thus far. Wisky probably has more overall skill players on both sides of the ball currently.

Will DPE ever come back, or is this a Redshirt year at this point given the current record?

I see a valiant effort by the Huskers, but fall short--24-16. Wisky defense will score a touchdown in this game. That will be the difference. We have two drives stall at the 15 yard line and settle for Field goals. Thats my take as of right now.

Back to topic of How could they win..............No matter who your coaches are, players need to play to win. Instead this group, even dating back to last year, has tendencies to play to not lose. Ameer was the only player last year that could be counted on to play each possession like it was life or death. The rest seem like its no big deal. That still continues this year, we just don't have AMeer for the healing process. I say, let Tommy sit a game and see if the team responds better to different leadership. Thats my winning solution.

Point: Not throwing Tommy under the bus. In many instances, a QB change can lead to many good things for the whole team. Has this team changed from last year that much? Not really. Like I stated previously, Ameer was the football team last year along with some spectacular plays from DPE. The difference makes are gone, and not replaced. Same QB.....Hmmmm.

Even just saying that.....Tommy has two less options available to throw too. NO underneath receiver like Ameer who could catch a 3 yard pass and go 95 yards for a score. As frustrated as any one right about the time issues and losing on last second heaves, but this team hasn't proven to me in any way they are still not playing for BO at this point. Stupid fouls, and losing receivers down field.

Like I said, not throwing Tommy under the bus, but wondering if he can manage a game, better yet, can he actually get this team to respond.

Serious answer.

As stated above. Black shirts. This is the game to earn it.

Wisconsin is plagued by injuries new coach and running back problems.

This is a team that unless you allow it will not score.

They will be looking for gimmick plays or mis-matches on the defense.

This will require Riley to adjust as he sees it necassary.

That and our offense to actually show up.

We seem to be playing up or down to the opponet. Hopefully we respect Wisconsin and realize we need our A game.

The weather will be good to great.

Tommy needs to stop trying to do to much

run the ball

no turnovers

move McMullen inside

no more than 5 penaltys with no personal fouls

Play more cover 2

If Bando is back, find a place for Weber

CLOCK MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wisky's defense is legit, and if Langsdorf uses the same gameplan, we'll lose 21-0.

I haven't seen them since the Roll Tide game.

Do you think they will load up against the run? And force Tommy to pass to move the ball? Or are they just that tough in base?