Press Conference - October 5

Mavric

Anyone provide cliff notes of Riley? I'm at work.

Good on Tommy owning up for his play. Don't know how that ever turned into a criticism of the coaching staff for answering that question honestly.

Props to Tommy. However, the coaching staff should've thought more about passing the ball when the wind was blowing and nothing was happening with the passing game.

Yet, that did not deter them. They seemed to disregard the fact that the passing game was ineffective and just kept doing it.

Still the worst coaching decision and time management skills I have ever seen from a Nebraska team. Didn't get the play in until 8 seconds on play clock? Couldn't get our TE motioned over. Hey coaches, how bout we call a timeout. I know we had at least one left and you can't take them home.

Doesn't even matter if it was a designed run, cause it's still awful coaching.

• Fire 4

Still the worst coaching decision and time management skills I have ever seen from a Nebraska team. Didn't get the play in until 8 seconds on play clock? Couldn't get our TE motioned over. Hey coaches, how bout we call a timeout. I know we had at least one left and you can't take them home.

Call a timeout so the clock stops huh? That makes even less sense

To get the play right it makes sense. If you make sure they run the ball the clock will roll after that play ends. Then you punt instead of going for it, and Illinois has it at the 15 with :17 left.

• Fire 2

When the play clock is at :03?

It goes without saying that you should call it deep into the play clock. Well, with this staff, maybe it isn't that obvious.

It was just a mess.

Calling a timeout would've made sense if they could have gotten to a ref in time. "Hey, they're not lined up right, this might blow up. We have 3 TOs and there's a few ticks on the playclock, so no difference."

And passing was bad, but Tommy was thinking about the possibility of a FG so I think you can see where he's coming from. They even looked at that possibility but decided against it, given the circumstances. If you know to think ahead to 4th down possibilities you might consider trying to get 2, 3 yards to get into better range, or maybe instruct Tommy ahead of time not to worry about the FG in that scenario.

It was not well managed, and that's on the coaches. The whole game was not very well managed offensively and that's on the coaches. Hey, fair is fair. Everyone learns something (you hope) and moves on.

Was the clock running or did Illinois use their last timeout to stop the clock?

Was the clock running or did Illinois use their last timeout to stop the clock?

Illinois took their last timeout after our 1st down play and the clock stopped with 1:46 left

• 1st and 10 at NEB 38

Andy Janovich run for 3 yds to the Neb 41

• 2nd and 7 at NEB 41

Devine Ozigbo run for 4 yds to the Neb 45

• 3rd and 3 at NEB 45

Andy Janovich run for 6 yds to the Illin 49 for a 1ST down

• 1st and 10 at ILL 49

Devine Ozigbo run for 1 yd to the Illin 48

• Timeout ILLINOIS, clock 02:31

• 2nd and 9 at ILL 48

Andy Janovich run for 8 yds to the Illin 40

• 3rd and 1 at ILL 40